Re: Triple/Double

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MSeries, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > "crees22" <[email protected]> wrote in

    message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Hi, just a quick one >
    > >
    > > Whats the difference between a double and a triple racing bike

    frame? A
    > > quick explanation would be great if you have time. Whats better? I
    > > should know all this by now!

    > not actually the frame its the number of chainrings on the front

    gears.
    > Unless you are afraid of being labelled a wuss I would go for the

    triple,
    > you _will_ need it eventually.

    Thing is the number o chainrings don't tell the whole story. My tourer
    or years was a double yet had a lower bottom gear than my triple
    equiped racing machines. Go for the triple and ride further without
    getting so tired.