Re: True love awaits for Edward Dolan and Patrick Turner

Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

Guest
Edward Dolan wrote:
> Anyone but me ever notice how most marriages only last about 10 years at
> which point you could care less about your freaking wife, and vice versa of
> course.

Its is simple. Women (at some point) demand marriage in return for sex.
Men marry for sex, women marry for a sperm donor and provider/protector
for "HER" children. Women often lose interest in sex after having their
brood of brats, which results in the man losing interest in the
relationship. Man finds other outlet for sex and/or asks to end the
relationship. Woman takes man to the cleaners in divorce court.

Many men are even suckers enough to raise other men's children - a good
number of married women get pregnant by someone other than their husband.

It works from an evolutionary point of view, since offspring are
produced, but it is terrible from a human happiness point of view.

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
> Its is simple. Women (at some point) demand marriage in return for sex.
> Men marry for sex, women marry for a sperm donor and provider/protector
> for "HER" children. Women often lose interest in sex after having their
> brood of brats, which results in the man losing interest in the
> relationship. Man finds other outlet for sex and/or asks to end the
> relationship. Woman takes man to the cleaners in divorce court.
>
> Many men are even suckers enough to raise other men's children - a good
> number of married women get pregnant by someone other than their husband.
>
> It works from an evolutionary point of view, since offspring are
> produced, but it is terrible from a human happiness point of view.

The absolute best and most incisive post from Tom this year. Kudos, Tom
- you 'get' it.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org