Re: TTT Forgie/Prima 1999 slip broblems

almost fast

Guest
"frenkatfrenk-do-t_ c0m-p" <"frenkatfrenk-do-t_ c0m-p"@rse-this-if-you.can> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> dianne_1234 wrote:
> >

> > I seem to recall 3T advising sanding the stem and clamp area of the
> > bar. Also using no grease. Maybe it's in the manual that came with
> > your stem? Anyway, worked for me.

> I'm using a Forgie with a Prima handlebar (I'm not sure it's a 199),
> with grease and without sanding. No problems so far. Maybe my handlebar
> is different from yours.

Apparently 3T still recommend it. From
http://www.3ttt.com/PDF/3tt_Ing.PDF

(In translation, the "collar" appears to be the stem's handle bar
clamp. "Clamp" sounds like the stem's steerer tube clamp.)

"Apply sand paper (av. grain # 100) to remove any
rust inside the collar (smooth off any rough edges). This
will make the surface a little rough and help the parts
to adhere to each other during locking. If the stem is
painted, apply sand paper also inside the clamp (E).

If you have a compressed air blower, lightly apply it
on all the threaded holes to clean them perfectly.

Place the bar inside the head collar, without scratching
its surface; apply the front piece and tighten the screws, slightly."

....etc.