Re: TTT Forgie/Prima 1999 slip broblems

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by almost fast, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. almost fast

    almost fast Guest

    "frenkatfrenk-do-t_ c0m-p" <"frenkatfrenk-do-t_ c0m-p"@rse-this-if-you.can> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > dianne_1234 wrote:
    > >

    > > I seem to recall 3T advising sanding the stem and clamp area of the
    > > bar. Also using no grease. Maybe it's in the manual that came with
    > > your stem? Anyway, worked for me.

    > I'm using a Forgie with a Prima handlebar (I'm not sure it's a 199),
    > with grease and without sanding. No problems so far. Maybe my handlebar
    > is different from yours.

    Apparently 3T still recommend it. From
    http://www.3ttt.com/PDF/3tt_Ing.PDF

    (In translation, the "collar" appears to be the stem's handle bar
    clamp. "Clamp" sounds like the stem's steerer tube clamp.)

    "Apply sand paper (av. grain # 100) to remove any
    rust inside the collar (smooth off any rough edges). This
    will make the surface a little rough and help the parts
    to adhere to each other during locking. If the stem is
    painted, apply sand paper also inside the clamp (E).

    If you have a compressed air blower, lightly apply it
    on all the threaded holes to clean them perfectly.

    Place the bar inside the head collar, without scratching
    its surface; apply the front piece and tighten the screws, slightly."

    ....etc.