Re: Tubeless Tire Conversion??

jack

> 1. Do tubeless tires really make a difference?

Depends. If you hardly get flats or like changing flats than no it's not
worth it.

If you ride in areas that are flat prone areas or use thru-axles front and
back then it's worth it.

> 2. Is the "Stan's" system any good?

Never tryed Stans. I use the ghetto method.

http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

> 3. Has anybody used this system on WTB Speed Disc Rims?

Ghetto method should work.

> 4. How well do they really hold air.

The Ghetto method lose air about a pound a day. Not a problem for riding.

> 5. notubes.com recommends not using CO2....that sucks. (this is a
> comment and not a question)

Not sure if they mean to pop the bead or fix a flat. I wouldn't use it to
pop the bead. You could waste a lot of CO2 if you fail to inflate. I have
used it to reinflate when I discovered a slow leak on the trail.

> Although I've never flatted on my current tubed tires, I'm thinking
> about giving tubeless a try.

May not be worth it if hardly flat. It is a fun experiment if you're the
mad scientist type.