Re: Tuna in oil - hard to find

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dimitri, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When I was younger I think all tuna came in oil. Now it seems to all
    > come in water and the oil stuff is real hard to find. The oil stuff
    > is so much better, but I suppose they are catering to dieters, like
    > most foods now a days, and I am not one that needs to diet. Diet food
    > always tastes like crap.

    No problems finding several types chunk, solid etc. in CA.

    BTW I do agree, I think the tuna in Water tastes diluted.

    Dimitri

    Tags:

  2. Thomas Speer

    Thomas Speer Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dimitri
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > When I was younger I think all tuna came in oil. Now it seems to all
    > > come in water and the oil stuff is real hard to find. The oil stuff
    > > is so much better, but I suppose they are catering to dieters, like
    > > most foods now a days, and I am not one that needs to diet. Diet food
    > > always tastes like crap.

    > No problems finding several types chunk, solid etc. in CA.
    >
    > BTW I do agree, I think the tuna in Water tastes diluted.
    >
    > Dimitri

    Might have been mentioned before, but Trader Joe's usually carries a
    good Italian tuna in oil.