Re: Two person tent

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Richard Baker, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Only one to look at if two of you are camping

    Vango Force Ten Mark 3

    'A' frame
    Cotton (or nylon fly)
    bomb proof

    Rik

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Richard Baker
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Only one to look at if two of you are camping
    >
    >Vango Force Ten Mark 3
    >
    >'A' frame
    >Cotton (or nylon fly)
    >bomb proof
    >
    >Rik

    And weighs 2 to 3 times as much as other tents perfectly suitable for
    most uses in the UK.

    --

    Dominic Sexton
    http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Dominic Sexton" <{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Richard Baker
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >Only one to look at if two of you are camping
    > >
    > >Vango Force Ten Mark 3
    > >
    > >'A' frame
    > >Cotton (or nylon fly)
    > >bomb proof
    > >
    > >Rik
    > >

    > And weighs 2 to 3 times as much as other tents perfectly suitable for
    > most uses in the UK.

    I wouldn't touch a Force 10 now. Heavy, bulky, not very waterproof,
    difficult to pitch. In fact, not only did I find it difficult to believe
    that they still make them, but almost fell off my chair at the price. A
    design classic, certainly, but surpassed in absolutely every respect
    (except, perhaps, orangeness) by modern tents.
    Maybe I'm wrong. Someone must be buying them still. But if I was looking for
    a sports car, I wouldn't only look at an MG Midget.