Re: Ugh. Now I'd call it a collapse

Robert Chung

Guest
Howard Kveck wrote:
> That's really too bad. I have to give Basso credit for sticking it
> out to the end, though.

I disagree. In the grand scheme of things, I think it would've been better
if he'd climbed off the bike. What purpose is served by having the entire
team pull back and nurse him along? He should pull out tonight and come
back in July.

> DiLuca is really surprising me at the moment. I
> wouldn't have thought he'd still be that close to the front, given his
> previous GT results. Very impressive, really.

I agree.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > That's really too bad. I have to give Basso credit for sticking it
> > out to the end, though.

> I disagree. In the grand scheme of things, I think it would've been better
> if he'd climbed off the bike. What purpose is served by having the entire
> team pull back and nurse him along? He should pull out tonight and come
> back in July.

Oh, you're right about having the team come back. I forgot about that.
In retrospect, he would have likely finished at the same time just hanging
with one of the last groups. The team should have been allowed to go ahead
and ride their own race at that point.

> > DiLuca is really surprising me at the moment. I
> > wouldn't have thought he'd still be that close to the front, given his
> > previous GT results. Very impressive, really.

> I agree.

I wonder if he can keep it up for another week, or if he'll fade near
the end. I've long thought he had plenty of talent and class, but he only
showed it in fits and starts. He's had great consistency this year.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Fred Marx wrote:

> Factor in the "Plan" being that CSC was riding entirely for Basso,
> stages were never in the picture. Riis is still looking at Basso to

win
> a stage, so with that in mind and the fact that Basso refused to

quit,
> (silly rabbit..) they had to keep him in front of the time cut. At

that
> point the cut isn't known, right? So keeping him in postion is still

> important, although I would agree it's somewhat Quixotic.

Dumbass -

No it isn't. They don't have any other GC contenders and none of them
were going to win the stage. That sort of show of solidarity is good
for the team concept.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

I expect Basso to look a lot better on Seistrierre. Hopefully he will
win the TT.

> Dumbass -

wow my very first dumbass, thanks K, many more to come I hope..... ;\

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Marx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>Dumbass -

>>wow my very first dumbass, thanks K, many more to come I hope..... ;

> If Henry thinks you're a dumbass you must be pretty smart.

yeah I miss the sacasm button when I post using a "real" newsreader......