Re: unfair competition rules? (H*lm*t content)

Phil Clarke

Guest
Tony Raven wrote:

> I wouldn't try to argue the merits of the case, just say that you do not
> own and do not wear a helmet for personal reasons, that they are not a
> legal requirement and that you would like to participate in the
> competition without being discriminated against for your own personal
> decisions. Any more and you will probably be dismissed as a crank for
> challenging their dearly held views which will not get the outcome you
> seek. Just my $0.02

I'd back this view, and add a caveat to the "see you as a crank" angle.

While Im pro choice Ive also been responsible for safety in a SCUBA
club, and you wouldnt believe the amount of cr*p people will put you
through so they can have everything their way without compromise. It
takes a lot of time & effort to lay on entertainment for others, & when
they want you to spend hours reading up on a whole subject area for
their convience at your risk, its a lot easier to just cancel everything
& invite them to shoulder the organising & responsibility.

In short bend a bit for folk whove put themselves out for your
enjoyment. Ask, but dont push.