Re: 'Unicycles and Green' - the unsolved mystery...

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by treepotato, May 31, 2004.

  1. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

    This is something that i have always wondered and it made me think about
    it again when i ordered my 29r why is it that on the colour options on
    unicycle.com can you never select green? the kris holm seat seems to
    come in every colour and black except green, when you order unicycles
    the rim and seat colours nearly always seem to be red and blue. I feel
    very strongly about this issue green is my favourite colour and a lot of
    other unicyclists too i remember that poll someone set up and green got
    a lot of votes so why does it never seem to be used in the unicycling
    world?

    i personally think the KH velo seat looks rather nice in green:

    | Attachment filename: kh velo uni seat in green!.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/213309|

    treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

  2. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    I've never thought about it... I usually can't see my seat when I ride,
    and if I can, it means something has gone seriously wrong ;)

    --
    evil-nick - One-Wheeled Psycho!

    They make them with two wheels now?
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    treepotato wondered:
    > why is it that on the colour options on
    > unicycle.com can you never select green? the kris holm seat seems to
    > come in every colour and black except green, when you order unicycles
    > the rim and seat colours nearly always seem to be red and blue.

    I was about to suggest a DM Ringmaster, but I just checked
    <URL:http://www.unicycle.co.uk/dm_ringmaster.htm> and I see that red and
    yellow are now the only standard options. Dave used to offer blue (now
    standard on the cheapest model) and green as well.

    I suspect it may not have been terribly popular - I know I've only ever
    seen one green unicycle (which /was/ a Ringmaster). That seems rather a
    shame, although green would always be my second choice and I'd only
    really get upset if red was unavailable.

    > i personally think the KH velo seat looks rather nice in green:
    > +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    > | Attachment filename: kh velo uni seat in green!.jpg |
    > |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/213309|
    > +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    You're right, that does look nice. Certainly better than the yellow and
    blue ones ;-)

  4. tennisgh22

    tennisgh22 Guest

    treepotato, that is a nice shade of camel puke, but im not sure i could
    bring myself to buy it. ;) :D

    actually, maybe im the crazy one. i ordered a yellow kh seat for my
    kh24. anyone else getting this color seat? perhaps i was crazy when i
    decided on yellow. you can make fun of me if you wish. i hope i dont get
    teased for it. yellow isn't exactly a "this uni is a beast and will rock
    your world" type of color.

    -grant

    --
    tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
    labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

  5. rob

    rob Guest

  6. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

    > You're right, that does look nice. Certainly better than the yellow
    > and

    Thankyou Danny :)

    --
    treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

  7. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

    > treepotato, that is a nice shade of camel puke, but im not sure i
    > could bring myself to buy it.

    -tennishgh22

    I was thinking more the lovely shade of nature and leaves! :mad: :p

    --
    treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

  8. tennisgh22

    tennisgh22 Guest

    treepotato wrote:
    > *
    > -tennishgh22
    >
    > I was thinking more the lovely shade of nature and leaves! :mad: :p *

    im just joking, no worries. i guess i can picture it going pretty nicely
    if you ride it in a dense forest. That could be cool. paint the whole
    thing green. Hulk style!

    -grant

    --
    tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
    labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

  9. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    Maybe there are no green anythings, because Miyata created the worst
    shade of green the world has even seen. So no one wants to accidentally
    duplicate that.

    --
    James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

    -If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
    pizza, for it is, wicked."-
    --Thedan

  10. Rowan

    Rowan Guest

    My favourite colour is green too. I would have liked to get a green
    unicycle, but I settled for black, which is also a good colour. I have
    seen a picture of one green unicycle, it was posted by S_Wallis on 'this
    thread' (http://tinyurl.com/29tml). I would like a darker shade of
    green, but I still reckon it looks cool. Scott must have had a custom
    paint job done, because green is not an option at 'Unicycle.com'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/). I don't think Miyata green is too bad. It's
    not the best shade of green, but it would beat having a red seat handle
    and bumper. A camouflage unicycle would be interesting to try,
    especially 'Realtree' (http://tinyurl.com/362zm).

    | Attachment filename: green wilder.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/213361|

    Rowan - _________

    [image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/waffe/1043691690_0.gif]
    ::*-'Click Here!'
    (http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=2065473)
    -*::
    Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

  11. KJ-52

    KJ-52 Guest

    I like green also, although my kh was blue, but yellow and red are fine
    also. I'm thinking if you like green you should order a yellow seat
    though, cause it would probably be the easiest to make into a green
    seat. Get a permanant marker or some dye or something, plus send that
    picture to kh and let them see how cool it looks, i'm sure it's not that
    hard to make them, I mean they have yellow and blue already.

    I like the green unicycle, darker might be cool also but too much dark
    might not be good with the tire and seat being black.

    Andrew

    --
    KJ-52 - unicycler

    Originally posted by Logan_A.
    Note this e-mail is baKsed oJn -a sto5ry a2nd mIay bSe fictKional oEr
    conWtain fictiLonal elements. This should also not have been read by any
    younger riders.

    Can you find the hidden message?

    KJ-52's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5614

  12. Rayden

    Rayden Guest

  13. paco

    paco Guest

    treepotato wrote:
    > * I was thinking more the lovely shade of nature and leaves! :mad: :p
    > *

    Are you saying that camel puke is unnatural? And I'm sure they eat
    leaves, so it's not so far off after all.

    And on a related note, did you know that Shakespeare invented the word
    'puke'?

    --
    paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

    Every car should come equipped with a midget with a periscope.
    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

  14. > You have the option of a green saddle on the KH Pro trials.

    I think that's just the options from Miyata seats isn't it?

    I read somewhere that Kris is going to have a wider option of colours
    for his 2004 seats, assuming they're 'regular' colours, so green could
    well be on the cards!

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS

    "...there's nothing I can't manage if I grunt loudly enough" -Mikefule
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

  15. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

  16. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *Maybe there are no green anythings, because Miyata created the worst
    > shade of green the world has even seen. So no one wants to
    > accidentally duplicate that. *

    Winner! James got to it before I could. The unicycling world is turned
    off to the color green. New riders are coming along, oblivious to our
    pain through the 1990s, and their innocent love of the color green is
    met with nothing. Except a nice seasick-green Miyata seat (and frame) if
    you want one... :)

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "if you can do balloon animals,you can lace your own wheel." -- Jagur

  17. Rayden

    Rayden Guest

  18. tennisgh22

    tennisgh22 Guest

    Rayden wrote:
    > *http://www.bianchi.com/
    > Perhaps where Miyata got their green color? *

    OMG you really need to put a disclaimer with that sorta link. wow, that
    is one of the most shocking colors i've ever seen. :p

    -grant

    --
    tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
    labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

  19. Rayden

    Rayden Guest

  20. dye3

    dye3 Guest

    any HAVE a picture of the KH green saddle?
    I can't find any because my uni's theme is gonna be green but only a
    certain type of green. alot like this guy:D

    --
    dye3

    I NEED NEW HUB AND CRANKS BUT AM LOW ON CASH!

    PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY!
    dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012