Re: unicycling pain

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by michael7, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. michael7

    michael7 Guest

    I just bought my first unicycle and practiced some time. My problem:
    Sitting on it is rather uncomfortable for me. After practicing a while
    my pelvic bone hurts quite a lot. Lastly I had to quit practicing
    because it's getting worse. Hence my question: is this normal at the
    beginning or might the saddle just be bad (or not correctly adjusted)?
    Or (maybe sounds weird) am I too skinny (about 60kg, 1.75m tall) and
    thus I don't have enough "fat padding"? Any help appreciated!

    --
    michael7
    michael7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7049

  2. johnglazer

    johnglazer Guest

  3. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Ride through it.
    What are you wearing, I suggest something soft while you learn, but then
    you can move on to jeans later on and stuff and you'll be fine.

    --
    Robbie - Street Unicyclist

    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every
    time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
    Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to
    drive? - Homer Simpson
    Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

  4. michael7

    michael7 Guest

    johnglazer wrote:
    > *That happens to pretty much everyone when they first learn. As you
    > progress, it will bother you less. Just give it time.*

    Thank you guys! I'm relieved to hear that.

    --
    michael7
    michael7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7049

  5. brian.slater

    brian.slater Guest

    Robbie wrote:
    > *What are you wearing, I suggest something soft while you learn, but
    > then you can move on to jeans later on and stuff and you'll be fine. *

    I can definitely recommend gel paded b*ke shorts.:D :cool:

    --
    brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

  6. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

    i remeber how you feel and i felt like that until i got my Kris Holm
    Velo Seat! (sounds like i'm doing a cheesy advert for the seat doesn't
    it, i was in so much pain until i brought the seat of my dreams with
    maximum comfort and padded seating and easy grip handle this seat is
    all you need for the ultimate unicycling experience, only £30.00 from
    unicycle.com near you!)

    sorry about that got a bit carried away witht he 'cheesy advert thing'
    but seriously it is really comfy and saves your bum from getting num :p

    --
    treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942