Re: Update re Bicyclist was killed by woman driver downloading cell phone ring tones

Al Bundy

Guest
Yarper wrote:
> Al Bundy wrote:
>
> > It was probably dark at the time, but that calls for more care from the
> > driver and is not the slightest reason to cut her a break.

> If you read the article, it seems to have been in broad
> daylight and there was a witness.

I thought I saw the time was 7:15. That would have been dark where I
live. It's a small point and changes nothing as far as responsibility.
I believe in my venue the prosecutor would have brought a charge of
manslaughter or reckless endangerment with heavy jail time.

NOPE! The sun was still up, and there was about a half-hour of daylight
remaining. (Local resident here...)

In <[email protected]>, Al Bundy wrote:

>Yarper wrote:
>> Al Bundy wrote:
>>
>> > It was probably dark at the time, but that calls for more care from the
>> > driver and is not the slightest reason to cut her a break.

>> If you read the article, it seems to have been in broad
>> daylight and there was a witness.

>I thought I saw the time was 7:15. That would have been dark where I
>live. It's a small point and changes nothing as far as responsibility.
>I believe in my venue the prosecutor would have brought a charge of
>manslaughter or reckless endangerment with heavy jail time.

AM or PM? What date? (If that was in an earlier article, I forgot that
by now) What location?

I surely think that it is daylight at 7:15 AM in late spring and early
summer almost everywhere, and at 7:15 PM in late spring and early
summer in most North America locations, especially with Daylight Savings
Time.

And if it was dark and that made the driver have an even harder time not
hitting others while using the phone, then the driver's responsibility
to not use the phone while driving accordingly increases.

- Don Klipstein ([email protected])