Re: upgrading to C40 - questions about the care and feeding of acarbon fiber frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Francesco Devittori, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Lee wrote:
    > Okay, my dream came true and a Colnago C40 in my size, color and year (pre
    > B-Stay) appeared on ebay with a sem-reasonable BIN price.
    >
    > What do I need to know about caring for a carbon fiber frame - how much is
    > too much torque on the seat post clamp? What's different about a threadless
    > fork with a carbon fiber steerer? Do I have to be careful about the star nut
    > or the tightness of the stem on the steerer?
    >
    > What else should I know?
    >
    > I'm just a bit concerned as I once did a nasty thing to a brand new Campy
    > carbon seat post. That was painful, but not a big deal to replace.
    >
    > Guess I don't need to spray the frame with FrameSaver, huh. :)
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Lee

    Just curiosity: which color? (I'm riding a pre B-Stay c40 too --and love
    it!)

    Francesco

    Tags:

  2. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Francesco Devittori" <frenkatfrenkdtcm> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Lee wrote:
    >> Okay, my dream came true and a Colnago C40 in my size, color and year
    >> (pre B-Stay) appeared on ebay with a sem-reasonable BIN price.

    > Just curiosity: which color? (I'm riding a pre B-Stay c40 too --and love
    > it!)

    Classic Mapeii color scheme - black/blue/white.

    I'm pretty psyched!

    Lee