Re: us motorists are gas sucking whining energy pigs

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by carlfogel, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. carlfogel

    carlfogel Guest

    Andre wrote:
    > Although obviously a troll, I would have to agree. The bulk of fossil
    > fuels are expended in a ridiculous gridlock across the continent. If
    > people would get off their fat asses and commute by bike, then the
    > hapless US troops could be pulled out of harm's way in Iraq. Don't flame
    > me for this. You know it's true.
    > --
    > --------------------------
    > Andre Charlebois AGC-PC support http://agc-pc.tripod.com/http://agc-
    > pc.tripod.com BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+
    > "g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:41b0dda1.0404020-
    > [email protected]ews:[email protected]
    > g.google.com...
    > > end of message




    Dear Andre,

    On a more serious note, it doesn't seem to be true. Iraq is scarcely an
    important source of U.S. oil imports.

    The U.S. imports about 60% of its oil, the other 40% coming from Alaska,
    California, Texas, and Louisiana. (The U.S. accounts for about 25% of
    world oil consumption.)

    The big four countries from which the U.S. imports oil are Canda,
    Mexico, Venezuela, and Saudi Arabia, each providing about 15% of the
    imports (or 10% of the total).

    Iraq, Nigeria, and Colombia are on the second tier of U.S. uppliers,
    each providing about 8% to 5% of the imports (or 5% to 3% of the total).

    The precise percentage vary monthly according to politics, economics,
    weather, and oil-field production problems.

    When one country or U.S. state reduces production, the others increase
    production to make up the difference by pumping from new or idle fields.

    Proven oil reserves have increased every year since the
    nineteenth century.

    Google for "U.S. oil imports" and Venezuela, and endless web pages
    overflowing with statistics will appear. Oil imported by the U.S. from
    Iraq amounts to less than half the tip usually left at a restaurant.

    Carl Fogel



    --
     
    Tags:


  2. Damn! I hate it when my very comfortable and self-reaffirming, emotionally
    derived, fact deprived opinion gets shot down with reality! What is a good
    liberal to do?! :)


    "carlfogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > Andre wrote:
    > > Although obviously a troll, I would have to agree. The bulk of fossil
    > > fuels are expended in a ridiculous gridlock across the continent. If
    > > people would get off their fat asses and commute by bike, then the
    > > hapless US troops could be pulled out of harm's way in Iraq. Don't

    flame
    > > me for this. You know it's true.
    > > --
    > > --------------------------
    > > Andre Charlebois AGC-PC support http://agc-pc.tripod.com/http://agc-
    > > pc.tripod.com BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+
    > > "g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:41b0dda1.0404020-
    > >

    [email protected]ews:[email protected]
    > > g.google.com...
    > > > end of message

    >
    >
    >
    > Dear Andre,
    >
    > On a more serious note, it doesn't seem to be true. Iraq is scarcely an
    > important source of U.S. oil imports.
    >
    > The U.S. imports about 60% of its oil, the other 40% coming from Alaska,
    > California, Texas, and Louisiana. (The U.S. accounts for about 25% of
    > world oil consumption.)
    >
    > The big four countries from which the U.S. imports oil are Canda,
    > Mexico, Venezuela, and Saudi Arabia, each providing about 15% of the
    > imports (or 10% of the total).
    >
    > Iraq, Nigeria, and Colombia are on the second tier of U.S. uppliers,
    > each providing about 8% to 5% of the imports (or 5% to 3% of the total).
    >
    > The precise percentage vary monthly according to politics, economics,
    > weather, and oil-field production problems.
    >
    > When one country or U.S. state reduces production, the others increase
    > production to make up the difference by pumping from new or idle fields.
    >
    > Proven oil reserves have increased every year since the
    > nineteenth century.
    >
    > Google for "U.S. oil imports" and Venezuela, and endless web pages
    > overflowing with statistics will appear. Oil imported by the U.S. from
    > Iraq amounts to less than half the tip usually left at a restaurant.
    >
    > Carl Fogel
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
     
  3. W K

    W K Guest

    "carlfogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > On a more serious note, it doesn't seem to be true. Iraq is scarcely an
    > important source of U.S. oil imports.


    That is irrelevant for a global commodity.
     
  4. Harri_in_NS

    Harri_in_NS Guest

    [Hey Carl up here we spell our countries name Canada, or is there a
    Canda? hmmmmm



    --
     
  5. DRS

    DRS Guest

    Harri_in_NS <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]
    > [Hey Carl up here we spell our countries name Canada, or is there a
    > Canda? hmmmmm


    How many Canadas are there?

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?
     
  6. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Harri_in_NS wrote:
    > [Hey Carl up here we spell our countries name Canada, or is there a
    > Canda? hmmmmm


    Dude! Bad form to use faulty grammar when making a TYPING flame.

    Bill "not right even if there ARE two or more Canadas" S.
     
  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Harri_in_NS wrote:

    > [Hey Carl up here we spell our countries name Canada, or is there a
    > Canda? hmmmmm


    Give Carl a break - it is only recently that the Merkins learned that
    the maple leaf on the Canadian flag points upwards instead of downwards.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)
     
Loading...
Loading...