Re: V-brakes on STI levers?

Anthony Jones

Guest
Tim Dunne wrote:
> I realise most V brakes are designed for long-pull levers, but is there
> anything I can get that's v-brakeish and road lever compatible? Am I
> barking up the wrong tree? Does everyone have this problem? I've seen
> travel agents and they look a bad solution...

Any reason not to try a different model of cantilever? You can get short arm
V-brakes, but they have less clearance than cantis.

Anthony

in message <[email protected]>, Anthony
Jones ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Tim Dunne wrote:
>> I realise most V brakes are designed for long-pull levers, but is there
>> anything I can get that's v-brakeish and road lever compatible? Am I
>> barking up the wrong tree? Does everyone have this problem? I've seen
>> travel agents and they look a bad solution...

> Any reason not to try a different model of cantilever? You can get short
> arm V-brakes, but they have less clearance than cantis.

I'd endorse this. The cyclocross boys choose cantis for a reason - they
work.

Age equals angst multiplied by the speed of fright squared.
;; the Worlock