Re: V-brakes on STI levers?

Tony Raven

Guest
Tim Dunne wrote on 03/04/2007 22:25 +0100:
> I've got an '05 Dawes Ultra Galaxy with drop bars and 105 integrated
> shifters, which has currently got Avid shorties for brakes. The rear is
> fine, but the front is a squealer. Toe in, out, different blocks, new arms,
> no difference. Recently went to Mavic 719 rims, so it's probably not that,
> either. Research on t'internet appears to suggest that this is a problem
> common with shorties, so I'd like to try another brake. I actually like the
> shorties for stopping power, but I'm going to give someone an attacked
> heart...
>
> I realise most V brakes are designed for long-pull levers, but is there
> anything I can get that's v-brakeish and road lever compatible? Am I barking
> up the wrong tree? Does everyone have this problem? I've seen travel agents
> and they look a bad solution...

If you don't want to use Travel Agents/V-dapters, Dia Compe do road
brake levers for V-brakes - look for one with the suffix V. The only
problem is they are just brake levers and not integrated shifters.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

Tim Dunne wrote:
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> If you don't want to use Travel Agents/V-dapters, Dia Compe do road
>> brake levers for V-brakes - look for one with the suffix V. The only
>> problem is they are just brake levers and not integrated shifters.

> Hmm, thanks, but that's a little severe... further to Anthony's suggestion,
> can anyone recommend a better cantilever? I've just been looking at Wiggle,
> they've got Tektro, Cane Creek, but I'm a bit lost...
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim

Tektro if you're on a budget, Shimano if you're not

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL