Re: Vintage tubing besides R531db ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Forrest Tomlinson, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:23:10 GMT, Retro Bob <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I've seen a few vintage bikes for sale with other than R531 tubing.
    >I know Columbus, for example, is respected, but how about some of
    >the others ?
    >
    >Is R501 any good ? How about Peugeot "Vitus 172 db" ?
    >Are there any others that are comparable to Reynolds in this
    >era (70's to 80's) ? The French seem to have quite a few.

    Ishiwata made good stuff. Tange too. In the latter, the Prestige
    line was good.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

    Tags:

  2. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:23:10 GMT, Retro Bob <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I've seen a few vintage bikes for sale with other than R531 tubing.
    > >I know Columbus, for example, is respected, but how about some of
    > >the others ?
    > >
    > >Is R501 any good ? How about Peugeot "Vitus 172 db" ?
    > >Are there any others that are comparable to Reynolds in this
    > >era (70's to 80's) ? The French seem to have quite a few.

    > Ishiwata made good stuff. Tange too. In the latter, the Prestige
    > line was good.

    Oria of Italy too. My Ken Legge (Canadian custom) is made with it. I
    feel it is as good a tubing as any or better. I think Indurain? rode
    an Oria tubed frame to some big victory. Can't remember now.