Re: Visibility on rainy nights

Zebee Johnstone

Guest
In aus.bicycle on Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:

> Apart from the obvious "take your glasses off" suggestions (which
> doesn't help much because then your eyes are exposed to whatever dirt
> an muck gets flung up by your wheels and by other vehicles), does
> anyone have any suggestions, experiences?

I don't find a problem with muck being thrown up, partly because I
have mudguards and partly because of the 'bent riding position.

I've found a strip of suede or similar on a glove finger can quickly
wipe **** off visors and glasses, but it's not a great solution.

I have a peak on my cycle helmet which is movable, when it's pissing
down I have the peak as low as possible and that helps by keeping a
little of the water off my face.

Zebee

On Jun 9, 4:18 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Apart from the obvious "take your glasses off" suggestions (which
> > doesn't help much because then your eyes are exposed to whatever dirt
> > an muck gets flung up by your wheels and by other vehicles), does
> > anyone have any suggestions, experiences?

> I don't find a problem with muck being thrown up, partly because I
> have mudguards and partly because of the 'bent riding position.
>
> I've found a strip of suede or similar on a glove finger can quickly
> wipe **** off visors and glasses, but it's not a great solution.
>
> I have a peak on my cycle helmet which is movable, when it's pissing
> down I have the peak as low as possible and that helps by keeping a
> little of the water off my face.
>
> Zebee

I too wear a helmet with a peak for commuting - less sun exposure and
it helps with vision in rain.

When my glasses get too wet/dirty, giving them a lick while on the
move can help (girls, yes, I can do this without removing them ;)

Donga

"Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Jun 9, 4:18 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In aus.bicycle on Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>> Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > Apart from the obvious "take your glasses off" suggestions (which
>> > doesn't help much because then your eyes are exposed to whatever dirt
>> > an muck gets flung up by your wheels and by other vehicles), does
>> > anyone have any suggestions, experiences?

>> I don't find a problem with muck being thrown up, partly because I
>> have mudguards and partly because of the 'bent riding position.
>>
>> I've found a strip of suede or similar on a glove finger can quickly
>> wipe **** off visors and glasses, but it's not a great solution.
>>
>> I have a peak on my cycle helmet which is movable, when it's pissing
>> down I have the peak as low as possible and that helps by keeping a
>> little of the water off my face.
>>
>> Zebee

> I too wear a helmet with a peak for commuting - less sun exposure and
> it helps with vision in rain.
>
> When my glasses get too wet/dirty, giving them a lick while on the
> move can help (girls, yes, I can do this without removing them ;)
>
> Donga

Ha! I will see if I can get my black labrador to give the lenses a once
over - whenever I pick up her bowl after she has eaten, I struggle to pick
it up as it is hyper-slippery, even when I try and wash it off, it seems to
be impervious to water, soap, industrial strength draino etc.

Where are the Pedro's* windscreen wiper glasses with free replacement blades
when you need them???

*Not his real name...

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:37:21 +0000, BtC wrote:

> "Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[email protected]...
>> On Jun 9, 4:18 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I don't find a problem with muck being thrown up, partly because I
>>> have mudguards and partly because of the 'bent riding position.
>>>
>>> I've found a strip of suede or similar on a glove finger can quickly
>>> wipe **** off visors and glasses, but it's not a great solution.
>>>
>>> I have a peak on my cycle helmet which is movable, when it's pissing
>>> down I have the peak as low as possible and that helps by keeping a
>>> little of the water off my face.
>>>
>>> Zebee

>> I too wear a helmet with a peak for commuting - less sun exposure and
>> it helps with vision in rain.
>>
>> When my glasses get too wet/dirty, giving them a lick while on the move
>> can help (girls, yes, I can do this without removing them ;)
>>
>> Donga

> Ha! I will see if I can get my black labrador to give the lenses a once
> over - whenever I pick up her bowl after she has eaten, I struggle to
> pick it up as it is hyper-slippery, even when I try and wash it off, it
> seems to be impervious to water, soap, industrial strength draino etc.
>
> Where are the Pedro's* windscreen wiper glasses with free replacement
> blades when you need them???
>
> *Not his real name...

Thanks everyone for the tips. Some good suggestions there!