Re: Vitimins I take / What I should add / Am I taking too many?

What does your doctor suggest? Why do you think any of these are needed
and what relationship to mood disorders? What is lacking in your diet
that a good multivitamin would not serve? With this shotgun approach how
do you know if any of them help in the least and if so which specific
ones?

> [...]

>L-Methionine 29.2 mg **
>L-Phenylalanine 60 mg **
>L-Proline 169.8 mg **
>L-Serine 71.7 mg **
>L-Threonine 40.1 mg **
>L-Tryptophan 10.3 mg **
>L-Tyrosine 49.7 mg **
>L-Valine 48.4 mg **
>Hydroxylysine 5.6 mg **
>Hydroxyproline 78.9 mg **
>Liquid Soy Lecithin 22.5 mg **

>-----
>** Daily Value (DV) not established.
>

>Other Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide (Natural
>Mineral Whitener)
>

>No Sugar, No Starch, No Artificial Colors, No Dairy, No Artificial
>Flavors, No Preservatives, Sodium Free, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Corn,
>Yeast Free
>

>Big 100 B Complex:
>

>Product Highlights
>A balanced B-complex that provides essential B vitamins.
>

>B-vitamins are essential for carbohydrate metabolism and energy
>production.*
>

>Vitamin B-1 plays a role in energy metabolism and is essential for
>proper nerve and muscle function.*
>Vitamin B-2 is essential for energy production and fat, carbohydrate
>and protein metabolism.*
>

>Niacin provides dietary support for a healthy blood lipid profile.*
>

>Vitamin B-6 plays a role in the maintenance of normal homocysteine
>levels.*
>

>Folic Acid plays a role in the maintenance of normal homocysteine
>levels, supports your cardiovascular system.* Adequate folate in a
>healthful diet may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with a brain
>or spinal cord defect.
>

>Vitamin B-12 is essential for energy production and red blood cells.*
>

>Biotin functions as a coenzyme in metabolism, is required for fatty
>acid synthesis and provides dietary support for healthy nails and hair.
>

>Kosher and Vegetarian.
>

>Directions:
>As a dietary supplement, take one tablet daily.
>

>Serving Size 1 tablets
>Servings Per Container 100

>-----
>Amount Per Serving % DV

>-----

>-----
>Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)(as Thiamin Mononitrate) 100 mg 6667%
>Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 100 mg 5882%
>Niacin (as Niacinamide) 100 mg 500%
>Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 100 mg 5000%
>Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
>Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg 1667%
>Biotin 100 mcg 33%
>Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 100 mg 1000%

>-----
>Choline Bitartrate 100 mg **
>Inositol 100 mcg **
>para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA) 30 mg **

>-----
>** Daily Value (DV) not established.
>

>Other Ingredients: Cellulose
>

>No Sugar, No Starch, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No
>Preservatives, Sodium Free, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Corn, No Soy, No

Hello every one,
Every one has something to say about vitamins and there really is no use
arguing ... nutrition is like politics and religion and it amount to 'don't
confuse me with the facts'.
The old Greeks knew how to do it .. They said "NOTHING IN EXCESS!" . So
taking or not taking supplements might just be a matter of which and how
much. Taking TOO MUCH of one thing would be EXCESS and bad for us. (as
corollary, their word for medicine, Pharmaco, is the same as poison,
Pharmaci.). One should try to avoid, as much as possible , food that is made
poisonous by additives and eat lots of organic, plant based foods. I try to
remember that ORGANIC, WHOLE PLANT/SPROUT nutrition is best because it
provides a balance of everything and not gigadoses of another thing.
Not eating enough fruit/vegetables is bad, eating regular greens is good,
but eating whole, balanced, organic, unpoisoned greens is best.
I also avoid taking extracts because extracts contain a lot of one
substance (plus the chemicals that re used to get the extracts) and nothing
or 1000 others . For example taking a lutein concentrate to protect sight is
not equal to eating a carrot ... there aver 300 luteins in the carrot that
are not in the concentrate. Similarly for Garlic, Flax etc.
As said, talking about nutrition is like politics.
Peter

news:[email protected]...