Re: Wanted: 2003 Paris-Roubaix Video

byron27

Guest
rhino wrote:
> I live in View Bank, Melbourne.
> Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.

jcjordan and rhino, I will have to find out how much it costs to buy a
tape, copy onto it and ship it over. I will do some investigating today
and over the weekend.

by the way, you should start your own 2004 tape!, the leige-bastogne-
liege and roubaix are on this sunday;) :p

--

byron27 wrote:
> by the way, you should start your own 2004 tape!, the leige-bastogne-
> liege and roubaix are on this sunday;) :p

Where and When Mr 27 ?

--

flyingdutch wrote:
> Where and When Mr 27 ?

9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige 9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris -
Roubaix

dont miss it!

and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that
was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004
tape as well:p

--

byron27 wrote:
> 9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige 9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris -
> Roubaix
> dont miss it!
> and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that
> was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004
> tape as well:p

Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was the worst ever
attempt at cycling journalism? Like when CSC were splitting the race
asunder in the cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and
the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect their leader", who
is shown rolling off the front after a turn. Or where an Iles-Balears
rider goes on the offensive, and the guy reads the list of his
teammates, because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and
can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives time gaps but not
distance remaining... I could go on... at least they showed it, but how
on earth are people going to get interested in bike racing when the
commentator himself seems bored and is boring?

Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!

--

Roadie_scum wrote:
> byron27 wrote:
> > 9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige 9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris -
> > Roubaix
> > dont miss it!
> > and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that
> > was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004
> > tape as well:p

> Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was the worst ever
> attempt at cycling journalism? Like when CSC were splitting the race
> asunder in the cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and
> the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect their leader", who
> is shown rolling off the front after a turn. Or where an Iles-Balears
> rider goes on the offensive, and the guy reads the list of his
> teammates, because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and
> can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives time gaps but not
> distance remaining... I could go on... at least they showed it, but how
> on earth are people going to get interested in bike racing when the
> commentator himself seems bored and is boring?
>
> Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!
>

> --

I was thinking the same thing. I've only started watching the cyclign in
the past year and after watching Paris-Nice I really appreciated the
commentary on the TDF where the commentary adds some value. The
commentary on Paris-Nice was more like background noise.

DaveB