Re: water idling

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Tall Paul, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Tall Paul

    Tall Paul Guest

    goldenchicken wrote:

    > Riding my coker has become too easy. So today I filled the tube with
    > water and began idling. Look at this 'movie'
    > (http://www.muni.se/cokerwateridling.mov) (1,2 MB). I can recommend
    > it to anybody with weak legs – idling with a water filled tube really
    > builds up your muscles.

    Hmm, I can't watch that .mov ... never mind.
    If you really want more angular momentum in your wheel you should fill it
    with jelly! I'M SERIOUS. The water in your tyre will not move/rotate with
    the tyre so although the weight of the wheel is increased the angular
    momentum will stay the same; the wheel will rotate around the water.
    If you fill your tyre with jelly (or similar) it will grip the insides of
    the inner tube and move with the tyre.

    Have fun, and use inner tubes you're prepared to cut off your wheel.

    Tall Paul.<><
    P.S. Jelly may or may net be served at the price included meals at BUC12
    http://www.unicycle.org.uk/buc12/ Pre-reg closes on Monday the 4th of
    April.

    British Unicycle Convention 12 organiser.

    > --
    > goldenchicken - Olaf Johansson
    > goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149
    > View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39295

    Tags:

  2. DigitalDave wrote:
    > *And some guppies to swim while riding :D *

    "Your fish are dead."
    "I know, I...can't get 'em out of there."

    :)

    --
    andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

    *http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    *'my big movie (51mb, divx)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

  3. ICP8456

    ICP8456 Guest

  4. tylercox

    tylercox Guest

    Ahem....he said he got the idea on the 1st of april.....DUH!!!!!!!!!!
    APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    Proud Freestylist and a Freestyle Club Member!

    I'm 160 on the NKS System...
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  5. tylercox

    tylercox Guest

    Ahem....he said he got the idea on the 1st of april.....DUH!!!!!!!!!!
    APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    Proud Freestylist and a Freestyle Club Member!

    I'm 160 on the NKS System...
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  6. tylercox

    tylercox Guest

    Ahem....he said he got the idea on the 1st of april.....DUH!!!!!!!!!!
    APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    Proud Freestylist and a Freestyle Club Member!

    I'm 160 on the NKS System...
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  7. tylercox

    tylercox Guest

    Ahem....he said he got the idea on the 1st of april.....DUH!!!!!!!!!!
    APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    Proud Freestylist and a Freestyle Club Member!

    I'm 160 on the NKS System...
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  8. shibumi

    shibumi Guest