Re: Way, way OT: PC stuff/rant

"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:M%[email protected]:

> "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Buy her a copy of the movie "Flawless". She'll go out of her mind.
>>> Great movie, by the way:
>>>
>>> Homophobe Walt Koontz (Robert De Niro) suffers a debilitating stroke
>>> and must take theraputic singing lessons (for his paralyzed larynx).
>>> But the

>> guy
>>> doling out the lessons happens to be his next-door neighbor, Rusty

>> Zimmerman
>>> (Philip Seymour Hoffman) -- a florid drag queen who despises bigoted
>>> straight people. With luck, maybe the two men will meet in the
>>> middle.
>>>

>> I've never heard of this movie! I'm gonna have to download it.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> kili
>>

> Definitely - see the movie. But...download? From where?

You can look the sites up on Google but a download wil cost money, AFAIK.
If you find a free site let me know. "Another one is As Good As it Gets"
with Nicholson, Helen Hunt and Greg Kinear. Can't remember what the dogs
name is.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

"kilikini" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in

Was it free?

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

Denny Wheeler replied to The Bubbo:

>> I am not a bad drive but I am a very fast driver and I take too many
>> risks when i am alone in the car. Perhaps that's the compromise of the
>> bisexual driver?

> Nah. That's the compromise of many of us. :)

Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
NOTICED!"

Anybody else here prone to road rage?

Bob

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>
> Bob

Nah. Oh, wait a minute. I have noticed a tendency
lately--I've been using the term "a$$hole" an awful
lot in the car to refer to other drivers. Gotta
watch it when 4 yr. old grandson is in the car.
He tends to pick up on things like that....

;-)

gloria p

Puester wrote:
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>

>> Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>>
>> Bob
>>

> Nah. Oh, wait a minute. I have noticed a tendency
> lately--I've been using the term "a$$hole" an awful
> lot in the car to refer to other drivers. Gotta
> watch it when 4 yr. old grandson is in the car.
> He tends to pick up on things like that....
>
> ;-)
>
> gloria p

my three year old tells me its not nice to yell at people driving :)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:07:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
bennett?

> Puester wrote:
>> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>>

>>> Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> Nah. Oh, wait a minute. I have noticed a tendency
>> lately--I've been using the term "a$$hole" an awful
>> lot in the car to refer to other drivers. Gotta
>> watch it when 4 yr. old grandson is in the car.
>> He tends to pick up on things like that....
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> gloria p

> my three year old tells me its not nice to yell at people driving :)

Is that the one who belts you in the stomach? I'd say a warped sense of
values. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:07:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
> bennett?
>

>>Puester wrote:

>>>Nah. Oh, wait a minute. I have noticed a tendency
>>>lately--I've been using the term "a$$hole" an awful
>>>lot in the car to refer to other drivers. Gotta
>>>watch it when 4 yr. old grandson is in the car.
>>>He tends to pick up on things like that....
>>>
>>>;-)
>>>
>>>gloria p

>>my three year old tells me its not nice to yell at people driving :)
>>

> Is that the one who belts you in the stomach? I'd say a warped sense of
> values. :)

ha! she definitely has some anger management issues, but I am at least
glad that she knows what behavior is ok and what is not, even if
sometimes she does the not-ok stuff on purpose.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:19:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
bennett?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:07:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>> bennett?

>>>my three year old tells me its not nice to yell at people driving :)
>>>

>> Is that the one who belts you in the stomach? I'd say a warped sense of
>> values. :)
>>

> ha! she definitely has some anger management issues, but I am at least
> glad that she knows what behavior is ok and what is not, even if
> sometimes she does the not-ok stuff on purpose.

True enough. LOL!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:19:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
> bennett?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:07:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>>>bennett?

>>>Is that the one who belts you in the stomach? I'd say a warped sense of
>>>values. :)
>>>

>>ha! she definitely has some anger management issues, but I am at least
>>glad that she knows what behavior is ok and what is not, even if
>>sometimes she does the not-ok stuff on purpose.
>>

> True enough. LOL!

I have also learned, that no matter how amusing it might sound at first,
a small child repeating the word "asshat" over and over is not a good thing.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:24:04p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
bennett?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:19:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>> bennett?

>>>ha! she definitely has some anger management issues, but I am at least
>>>glad that she knows what behavior is ok and what is not, even if
>>>sometimes she does the not-ok stuff on purpose.
>>>

>> True enough. LOL!
>>

> I have also learned, that no matter how amusing it might sound at first,
> a small child repeating the word "asshat" over and over is not a good
> thing.

I guess that would be more than a little disconcerting. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:24:04p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
> bennett?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:19:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>>>bennett?

>>>True enough. LOL!
>>>

>>I have also learned, that no matter how amusing it might sound at first,
>>a small child repeating the word "asshat" over and over is not a good
>>thing.
>>

> I guess that would be more than a little disconcerting. :)

just slightly :)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

> Denny Wheeler replied to The Bubbo:
>
> >> I am not a bad drive but I am a very fast driver and I take too many
> >> risks when i am alone in the car. Perhaps that's the compromise of the
> >> bisexual driver?

> > Nah. That's the compromise of many of us. :)

> Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
> ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
> NOTICED!"
>
> Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>
> Bob

Only on my way to work when I'm in a hurry. ;-)

The rest of the time, I'm ok........
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:
>

>>Denny Wheeler replied to The Bubbo:

>>>Nah. That's the compromise of many of us. :)

>>Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
>>ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
>>NOTICED!"
>>
>>Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>>
>>Bob
>>

> Only on my way to work when I'm in a hurry. ;-)
>
> The rest of the time, I'm ok........

I only get ******** at the real jackasses. The Suburban Assault Vehicles
with the brights shining in my rearview, trying to go 60 on surface
streets in the snow, the choads who, when all you are trying to do is
maneuver around the guy in your original lane who was going 10 under the
speed limit, race up behind you and act as if 70 isn't fast enough for
the left lane (I gently slow down to the speed limit for those guys,
though I have been told that this is dangerous, and will just **** these
people off more). Those really special folks who can't seem to pick a
lane to drive in. For the most part, though, I'm pretty easygoing about
driving. It always amuses me when someone passes me in that manner that
shows how much faster they think you should be going, and then get
stopped up at the next light. :)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Denny Wheeler replied to The Bubbo:
>
>>> I am not a bad drive but I am a very fast driver and I take too many
>>> risks when i am alone in the car. Perhaps that's the compromise of the
>>> bisexual driver?

>> Nah. That's the compromise of many of us. :)

> Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
> ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
> NOTICED!"
>
> Anybody else here prone to road rage?
>
> Bob

Literally only once. I was almost sideswiped by some stupid chick and she
never even knew. I was ******, I took off after her. It lasted all of two
minutes, then I realized that it was stupid.

It was my one moment of road rage.

sometimes I get irritated when someone won't let me merge at an on-ramp, but I
figure those wiener-patrols will get theirs.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

sarah bennett wrote:

> I have also learned, that no matter how amusing it might sound at first,
> a small child repeating the word "asshat" over and over is not a good thing.

good lord, this is why I own dogs. swear as much as you want, who are they
going to tell?

I imagine if I had kids I'd be called into a LOT of meetings regarding my
kid's swearing.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

On 1 Dec 2005 19:30:04 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
<virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> rummaged among random neurons and
opined:

>Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
>ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
>NOTICED!"
>
>Anybody else here prone to road rage?

I heard a comic say once that anyone who drives slower than you is an
idiot and anyone who drives faster than you is a maniac.

I like to drive fast, not because I want to get someplace faster than
the car ahead, but because I want to *go* faster than the car ahead.
Of course, one more time in traffic school and I qualify to teach it.

Tew True.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

On 1 Dec 2005 19:30:04 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
<virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> rummaged among random neurons and
opined:

>Reminds me of one of the things I utter in the throes of road rage: "Did you
>ever notice that SLOW and STUPID mean the same thing? OF COURSE YOU NEVER
>NOTICED!"
>
>Anybody else here prone to road rage?

I heard a comic say once that anyone who drives slower than you is an
idiot and anyone who drives faster than you is a maniac.

I like to drive fast, not because I want to get someplace faster than
the car ahead, but because I want to *go* faster than the car ahead.
Of course, one more time in traffic school and I qualify to teach it.

Tew True.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

"sarah bennett" <[email protected]> wrote

> I only get ******** at the real jackasses. The Suburban Assault Vehicles
> with the brights shining in my rearview, trying to go 60 on surface
> streets in the snow, the choads who, when all you are trying to do is
> maneuver around the guy in your original lane who was going 10 under the
> speed limit, race up behind you and act as if 70 isn't fast enough for the
> left lane (I gently slow down to the speed limit for those guys, though I
> have been told that this is dangerous, and will just **** these people off
> more).

Heh, I know where you're coming from but that is something that
could drive someone to road murder. And once in a while, every once
in a blue moon, you hear about someone getting a (YESSSSS!!) ticket
for driving in the left lane without passing. So long as I was passing at
a decent clip I wouldn't let the jerks push me too hard. But I do pass
and move out of the way.

Of course, if I'm stuck in a line behind someone blithely driving along
in the passing lane causing a major logjam, I wouldn't want anyone to
hear what I have to say, it usually involves idiots and them not noticing
they are leading a (your favorite bad word here) parade! That's the
recap of a much longer tantrum but you get the idea.

> Those really special folks who can't seem to pick a lane to drive in. For
> the most part, though, I'm pretty easygoing about driving. It always
> amuses me when someone passes me in that manner that shows how much faster
> they think you should be going, and then get stopped up at the next light.
> :)

Around here it's good sport to watch the local college kids do that. As
a matter of fact, I think mom or dad should discreetly follow their child's
trip to school a couple of times, bet we'd see some of them taking the bus
after that. The students are fearless and LATE for class.

nancy