Re: Wessex Trains reverse bike ban decision.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by davek, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. davek

    davek Guest

    Call me Bob quoted:
    > Recently, a group of cyclists protested at Bath Spa station by taking
    > a variety of large items on Wessex services such as ironing boards and
    > step ladders.

    ROFL! I love that.

    I had trouble getting my bike on the train this morning because some
    silly bint had clogged up the bike space with several very large
    suitcases. Grrr!

    d.

    Tags:

  2. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:02:43 +0000, davek <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Call me Bob quoted:
    >> Recently, a group of cyclists protested at Bath Spa station by taking
    >> a variety of large items on Wessex services such as ironing boards and
    >> step ladders.

    >ROFL! I love that.
    >
    >I had trouble getting my bike on the train this morning because some
    >silly bint had clogged up the bike space with several very large
    >suitcases. Grrr!

    I caught a train at Gatwick on Monday with my fixer. As there was an
    incident up the line, the trains and "platforming" were all over the
    place. At last a Thameslink service arrived going where I wanted to.
    Bugger, full up. It didn't look like I was going to get on.

    Step forward......Thameslink Guard Lady, who noticed there were spaces
    in the 1st class compartment, told people to go and sit in the spaces
    as "We've got to get this bike on".

    Tim

  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:

    > "We've got to get this bike on".

    Wow! Sounds like a line from an action movie.

  4. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:02:43 +0000, davek <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Call me Bob quoted:
    > >> Recently, a group of cyclists protested at Bath Spa station by

    taking
    > >> a variety of large items on Wessex services such as ironing boards

    and
    > >> step ladders.

    > >ROFL! I love that.
    > >
    > >I had trouble getting my bike on the train this morning because some

    > >silly bint had clogged up the bike space with several very large
    > >suitcases. Grrr!

    > I caught a train at Gatwick on Monday with my fixer. As there was an
    > incident up the line, the trains and "platforming" were all over the
    > place. At last a Thameslink service arrived going where I wanted to.
    > Bugger, full up. It didn't look like I was going to get on.
    >

    > Step forward......Thameslink Guard Lady, who noticed there were

    spaces
    > in the 1st class compartment, told people to go and sit in the spaces
    > as "We've got to get this bike on".

    anyone want to buy a folder? doesn't look like Southern are going to
    enforce the ban.

  5. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:02:43 +0000 someone who may be davek
    <[email protected]> wrote this:-

    >I had trouble getting my bike on the train this morning because some
    >silly bint had clogged up the bike space with several very large
    >suitcases. Grrr!

    They do that on some of the trains here. If instead of turning one
    way when getting on the train they had turned the other way they
    would have found a large luggage rack capable of more cases than the
    cycle area and they would be able to keep an eye on them better.
    Some people are just born stupid I suppose.

    prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.