UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: wet weather cycling

Started by wafflycat · · Last activity · 3 posts · 246 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
28 September 2006
Last activity
29 September 2006
Original author
wafflycat
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
246
Views / 30 days
4
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Adam Lea" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Having just got drenched on my commute home today (and finding out that
    the quoted battery life on my front light is out by a factor of two) could
    anyone suggest the best to keep the rain out for 50-55 minutes of road
    cycling (and a mile of forest track). Even with waterproof coat and
    trousers the rain found its way in and got in my shoes and just about
    everywhere else. What do you wear on a wet day?

    Try Sealskinz

    <http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufacturer=SealSkinz&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=&ProdID=4000000278&UberCat=0>

    or

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1A812DDD

    Cheers, helen s

  2. "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Adam Lea" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do you wear on a wet day?

    Try Sealskinz

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1A812DDD

    Are we talking about dancing round willows in wet weather here? Or is he
    allowed to wear more than that? :-)

    (you'd have trouble dancing round some of our willows...)

    cheers,
    clive

  3. wafflycat said:

    Try Sealskinz

    I'll second that.

    By the time I realised rain was inevitable on the Dunwich Dynamo this year,
    I didn't have time to swap cleats over to my winter shoes and check
    everything was comfy. This left me with very open 'summer' shoes, so I
    rushed out and bought a pair of Sealskinz (I think they were the mid-light
    version). By the time we got in to Dunwich it was pouring down, and we were
    completely soaked. However, my feet remained toasty the whole time, and
    rain only started to slowly creep in through the top after an hour or so.
    They do feel a bit strange compared to normal socks (I think because the
    waterproof bit is non elastic), but this didn't prove to be a problem.

    Fortunately I haven't had opportunity to test them again, but I was quite
    impressed at the time.

    Anthony

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.