Re: wet weather cycling

Jeremy Parker

Guest
"Adam Lea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Having just got drenched on my commute home today (and finding out
> that the quoted battery life on my front light is out by a factor
> of two) could anyone suggest the best to keep the rain out for
> 50-55 minutes of road cycling (and a mile of forest track). Even
> with waterproof coat and trousers the rain found its way in and got
> in my shoes and just about everywhere else. What do you wear on a
> wet day?

Rainwater is clean, but stuff coming up from the road is not, so
mudguards are a good idea. However, if you are cycling through mud
or wet snow, mudguards are not a good idea, because the area round
your front brakes and mudguard gets packed with mud or ice, and
brings you to a halt. It's a question of what your one mile of
forest track is like.

Jeremy Parker