Re: What are the most important things when buying a bike?

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:13 +0000, David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Dr Martin (the other one) did that at Oxford. paid her tenner and got
>her MA. Then a D phil so she is another MAD Phil..

Two Dr Martin's? How confusing. My mate Séamus had the consideration
to get himself appointed to a chair[1] to avoid ambiguity after his
wife was awarded her PhD ;-)

[1] http://www.silsoe.cranfield.ac.uk/staff/cv/s_higson.htm - he was
not quite 40 at the time, which cost him a fiver as I'd bet him he'd
be a prof before 40 while we were both students.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

On 14/12/04 9:11 am, in article [email protected],
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:13 +0000, David Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dr Martin (the other one) did that at Oxford. paid her tenner and got
>> her MA. Then a D phil so she is another MAD Phil..

> Two Dr Martin's? How confusing. My mate Séamus had the consideration
> to get himself appointed to a chair[1] to avoid ambiguity after his
> wife was awarded her PhD ;-)

It's even more confusing when the medical Dr Martin comes to visit. Not to
be confused with Sqdn Ldr Martin either.

The joke goes that one spends government money on things he cant talk about.
The next spends govermnetn money on things that even if he did talk about
them people wouldn't understand and the third puts people back together
after the other two have done their bit.

...d

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:13 +0000, David Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dr Martin (the other one) did that at Oxford. paid her tenner and got
>> her MA. Then a D phil so she is another MAD Phil..

> Two Dr Martin's? How confusing. My mate Séamus had the consideration
> to get himself appointed to a chair[1] to avoid ambiguity after his
> wife was awarded her PhD ;-)

This is why Dr. Larrington continues to be known as Dr. Larrington rather
than Dr. Davis. Likewise <ob_cycling>the BHPC's </ob_cycling> Dr. Fortnum.

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

in message <[email protected]>, Just zis Guy,
you know? ('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:13 +0000, David Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Dr Martin (the other one) did that at Oxford. paid her tenner and got
>>her MA. Then a D phil so she is another MAD Phil..

> Two Dr Martin's? How confusing.

I thought they always came in pairs?

;; not so much a refugee from reality, more a bogus
;; asylum seeker