General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: What I like about low carb

Started by Cubit · · Last activity · 4 posts · 346 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 September 2004
Last activity
22 September 2004
Original author
Cubit
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
346
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm glad things are going well for you.

    Did you see 60 minutes Sunday? They had a rebroadcast on a two year old
    story of folks who went to Durham for a fruit and rice, 1200 calorie diet.
    In the update, all but one of the folks interviewed had regained their
    weight. They quoted a statistic of 95% (or was it 96%?) regaining after
    significant weight loss.

    "Ignoramus6334" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am not on LC to lose weight, but to not regain weight and to not be
    hungry. What I like about it, so far:

    I can eat as much as I want.

    I do not gain weight while eating as much as I want.

    I eat yummy foods. I love eating fat.

    I am not going hungry.

    My morning blood sugar went down from 90-91 to 75, and is stable
    throughout the day.

    My knees, inexplicably, no longer hurt after running.

    It is quite difficult for me to become physically tired now.

    I feel like a normal person and, after I overeat, I am simply not
    hungry for quite a while.

    I am not counting anything, carbs, calories, etc etc. I am on paleo,
    so it works out to perhaps 60 carbs per day, maybe even less.

    So far, LC is a blessing to me, no less. I would love to take a blood
    test and see what my lipid panel is like.

    Thank you to all people who posted here, and who convinced me that LC
    is not a dangerous fad and who made helpful suggestions to me
    personally. Cubit, Jenny, amongst others.

    i

  2. Cubit said:

    I'm glad things are going well for you.

    Did you see 60 minutes Sunday? They had a rebroadcast on a two year old
    story of folks who went to Durham for a fruit and rice, 1200 calorie
    diet.
    In the update, all but one of the folks interviewed had regained their
    weight. They quoted a statistic of 95% (or was it 96%?) regaining after
    significant weight loss.

    On a fruit and rice diet, I think I'd easily regain all my weight.
    There's no protein.

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  3. Ignoramus13667 wrote:
    :: In article <[email hidden]>, Cubit
    :: wrote:
    ::: I'm glad things are going well for you.
    ::
    :: Thanks.
    ::
    ::: Did you see 60 minutes Sunday?
    ::
    :: I do not watch TV.
    ::
    ::: They had a rebroadcast on a two year old story of folks who went to
    ::: Durham for a fruit and rice, 1200 calorie diet. In the update, all
    ::: but one of the folks interviewed had regained their weight.
    ::
    :: out of how many?
    ::
    ::: They
    ::: quoted a statistic of 95% (or was it 96%?) regaining after
    ::: significant weight loss.
    ::
    :: Very impressive. I could keep my weight off on a reduced calorie diet
    :: (still 50% fat, much more than those Durham guys), for almost a year
    :: after weight loss, but, it was a struggle to some extent. This new
    :: diet, is no longer a struggle.
    ::
    :: What is the LC success rate? Not very high, also, I bet.
    ::
    :: I am still going to check whether my health deteriorates on it in any
    :: way on this diet, but, so far, there is no indication of that. Maybe
    :: I will splurge and order a $30 blood lipid test that is available
    :: from our drugstore. I do not know if 2 months is enough to time see
    :: meaningful changes, or I should wait longer.

    Wait longer. I'd say at least 6 months...even though, with stable weight
    there should be less reason to wait, really. But letting thing settle down
    & reach a steady state can't be a bad idea.

  4. The 95 or 96% number is typical for all low-fat/low-cal diets.

    TC

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm glad things are going well for you.

    Did you see 60 minutes Sunday? They had a rebroadcast on a two year old
    story of folks who went to Durham for a fruit and rice, 1200 calorie diet.
    In the update, all but one of the folks interviewed had regained their
    weight. They quoted a statistic of 95% (or was it 96%?) regaining after
    significant weight loss.

    "Ignoramus6334" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am not on LC to lose weight, but to not regain weight and to not be
    hungry. What I like about it, so far:

    I can eat as much as I want.

    I do not gain weight while eating as much as I want.

    I eat yummy foods. I love eating fat.

    I am not going hungry.

    My morning blood sugar went down from 90-91 to 75, and is stable
    throughout the day.

    My knees, inexplicably, no longer hurt after running.

    It is quite difficult for me to become physically tired now.

    I feel like a normal person and, after I overeat, I am simply not
    hungry for quite a while.

    I am not counting anything, carbs, calories, etc etc. I am on paleo,
    so it works out to perhaps 60 carbs per day, maybe even less.

    So far, LC is a blessing to me, no less. I would love to take a blood
    test and see what my lipid panel is like.

    Thank you to all people who posted here, and who convinced me that LC
    is not a dangerous fad and who made helpful suggestions to me
    personally. Cubit, Jenny, amongst others.

    i

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.