Re: What is it?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by [email protected], Jan 7, 2005.

  1. [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > while looking at options for putting a full faring kit on my trice I
    > came across this
    >
    > http://www.blueskydsn.com/kit.html
    >
    > has anyone any idea if it is an electric only, electric assist or

    some
    > other deal.
    >
    > Everso

    The pictured Aerocoupe is electric-only... there's not enough room to
    fit cranks, much less swing a cat. Mark Murphy (aka Blue Sky Design)
    has built a couple with an auxiliary lower pan than allows foot
    cranking:
    http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/1998/00-OLD/acside.jpg
    http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/1998/00-OLD/actop.jpg
    http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/1998/00-OLD/acfront.jpg
    http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/1998/00-OLD/acflower.jpg
    http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/1998/00-OLD/acmurphy.txt

    With the lower pan, it will fit a trice just fine, but if you're in the
    UK, shipping may be prohibitive.

    Jeff

    Tags:

  2. I have the Pod velomobile kit made in Freedom,CA., by Easy Racers. The
    cost of $3000.+ $1500. shipping puts it out of reach to most! I am
    putting an electic assist on mine but it is not necessary.
    Chris Jordan
    Santa Cruz, CA.