Re: What Jan said you bunch of grasping at straws Baloney's.-=-most most most most most most most mo

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ilsa Nein, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Ilsa Nein

    Ilsa Nein Guest

    >> > What!!!???? You mean Christ is NOT the only way to salvation???? What
    >> >other ways are there then?--rb
    >> >

    >> Embracing decency.

    > Why don't you embrace some then!--rb

    I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    Tags:

  2. rb

    rb Guest

    "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    What

    > >> Embracing decency.

    > > Why don't you embrace some then!--rb
    > >

    > I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    How?
    When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is
    Lord.--rb

  3. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    rb wrote:
    > "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    > What

    >>> Why don't you embrace some then!--rb
    >>>

    >>I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    > How?
    > When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is
    > Lord.--rb

    What about the jews?

  4. rb

    rb Guest

    "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > rb wrote:
    > > "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > What

    > >>I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    > > How?
    > > When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ

    is
    > > Lord.--rb

    > What about the jews?

    Well what about them? 2/3rds will be cut off, 1/3 shall be left. They
    shall look upon him whom they have pierced and shall mourn for him as one
    does for an only child.--rb

  5. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    rb wrote:
    > "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>rb wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>What

    >>> How?
    >>> When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ

    > is
    >
    >>>Lord.--rb

    >>What about the jews?

    > Well what about them? 2/3rds will be cut off, 1/3 shall be left. They
    > shall look upon him whom they have pierced and shall mourn for him as one
    > does for an only child.--rb

    Thus, Jews have an inferior religion.

    Right? Yes or no will do.

  6. rb

    rb Guest

    "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > rb wrote:
    > > "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > is

    > >>What about the jews?

    > > Well what about them? 2/3rds will be cut off, 1/3 shall be left. They
    > > shall look upon him whom they have pierced and shall mourn for him as

    one
    > > does for an only child.--rb

    > Thus, Jews have an inferior religion.

    You have Moses law for your justification, if you can keep it? If not,
    what do you do then? Resort to the blood of bulls and goats to take away
    your sins is what i belive the scriptures proscribe? In your opinion, can
    the blood of goats and bulls take away your sins? Also, if you consider
    adultery or cross dressing among others to be capital offenses worthy of
    death by stoning, then you should feel that your religion is second to none!
    As for me, i believe i have the correct interpretation of what the Jewish
    faith is supposed to be and if you didn't know it, gentiles who believe in
    Christ were grafted into Judaism and made partakers of the vine and roots
    thereof. So my answer is both yes and no.--rb

    > Right? Yes or no will do.

    Hey,....you got yes and no and a big answer bonus too. Aren't you the
    lucky one?--rb

  7. --

    "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > rb wrote:
    > > > "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    Christ

    > > > is

    > > > Well what about them? 2/3rds will be cut off, 1/3 shall be left.

    They
    > > > shall look upon him whom they have pierced and shall mourn for him as

    > one
    > > > does for an only child.--rb

    > > Thus, Jews have an inferior religion.

    > You have Moses law for your justification, if you can keep it? If not,
    > what do you do then? Resort to the blood of bulls and goats to take away
    > your sins is what i belive the scriptures proscribe? In your opinion, can
    > the blood of goats and bulls take away your sins? Also, if you consider
    > adultery or cross dressing among others to be capital offenses worthy of
    > death by stoning, then you should feel that your religion is second to

    none!
    > As for me, i believe i have the correct interpretation of what the

    Jewish
    > faith is supposed to be and if you didn't know it, gentiles who believe in
    > Christ were grafted into Judaism and made partakers of the vine and roots
    > thereof. So my answer is both yes and no.--rb
    >
    > > Right? Yes or no will do.

    > Hey,....you got yes and no and a big answer bonus too. Aren't you the
    > lucky one?--rb

    Your grasp of theology is about the equivalent of your understanding of
    physiology and physics, I believe.

    --Rich

  8. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > --
    >
    > "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Mark Probert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    > Christ

    > They

    >> one
    >> >
    >> > Thus, Jews have an inferior religion.

    >> You have Moses law for your justification, if you can keep it? If not,
    >> what do you do then? Resort to the blood of bulls and goats to take away
    >> your sins is what i belive the scriptures proscribe? In your opinion, can
    >> the blood of goats and bulls take away your sins? Also, if you consider
    >> adultery or cross dressing among others to be capital offenses worthy of
    >> death by stoning, then you should feel that your religion is second to

    > none!
    >> As for me, i believe i have the correct interpretation of what the

    > Jewish
    >> faith is supposed to be and if you didn't know it, gentiles who believe in
    >> Christ were grafted into Judaism and made partakers of the vine and roots
    >> thereof. So my answer is both yes and no.--rb
    >>
    >> > Right? Yes or no will do.

    >> Hey,....you got yes and no and a big answer bonus too. Aren't you the
    >> lucky one?--rb
    >>

    > Your grasp of theology is about the equivalent of your understanding of
    > physiology and physics, I believe.
    >
    > --Rich

    No it is far less.

    I used to pray to God, then I prayed to Jesus, then I prayed to Joe Peschi
    and now I don't pray, I throw a coin in a fountain and wish. The results? I
    get the same 50-50 results. Conclusions?

    God doesn't exist.
    Jesus doesn't exist.
    Joe doesn't care.
    A wish and a penny is just as good as praying but quicker.

    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or
    numbered...My life is my own."

    "I am not a number. I am a free man."
    No. 6

  9. >>> > >>>

    >> Christ

    >> They
    >>> one

    >>> You have Moses law for your justification, if you can keep it? If not,
    >>> what do you do then? Resort to the blood of bulls and goats to take away
    >>> your sins is what i belive the scriptures proscribe? In your opinion, can
    >>> the blood of goats and bulls take away your sins? Also, if you consider
    >>> adultery or cross dressing among others to be capital offenses worthy of
    >>> death by stoning, then you should feel that your religion is second to

    >> none!
    >>> As for me, i believe i have the correct interpretation of what the

    >> Jewish
    >>> faith is supposed to be and if you didn't know it, gentiles who believe in
    >>> Christ were grafted into Judaism and made partakers of the vine and roots
    >>> thereof. So my answer is both yes and no.--rb

    >>> Hey,....you got yes and no and a big answer bonus too. Aren't you the
    >>> lucky one?--rb
    >>>

    >> Your grasp of theology is about the equivalent of your understanding of
    >> physiology and physics, I believe.
    >>
    >> --Rich
    >>

    >No it is far less.
    >
    >I used to pray to God, then I prayed to Jesus, then I prayed to Joe Peschi
    >and now I don't pray, I throw a coin in a fountain and wish. The results? I
    >
    >get the same 50-50 results. Conclusions?
    >
    >God doesn't exist.
    >Jesus doesn't exist.
    >Joe doesn't care.
    >A wish and a penny is just as good as praying but quicker.

    Rich, your disconnect with God & Jesus have not only left you cynical, but
    blinded to the obvious. You can't pray directly to Joe Peschi, you must go
    through his agent. Make a note of it.

  10. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    [email protected]0666 (JDrew63929 at aol.com) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >>> Christ

    >>> They

    >>> none!
    >>> Jewish

    >>> Your grasp of theology is about the equivalent of your understanding
    >>> of physiology and physics, I believe.
    >>>
    >>> --Rich
    >>>

    >>No it is far less.
    >>
    >>I used to pray to God, then I prayed to Jesus, then I prayed to Joe
    >>Peschi and now I don't pray, I throw a coin in a fountain and wish. The
    >>results? I
    >>
    >>get the same 50-50 results. Conclusions?
    >>
    >>God doesn't exist.
    >>Jesus doesn't exist.
    >>Joe doesn't care.
    >>A wish and a penny is just as good as praying but quicker.

    > Rich, your disconnect with God & Jesus have not only left you cynical,
    > but blinded to the obvious. You can't pray directly to Joe Peschi, you
    > must go through his agent. Make a note of it.

    Joe said I could pray directly to him, but I gave up on joe. Now I just toss
    pennies into a fountain. Quicker, easier, just as effective as praying.

    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or
    numbered...My life is my own."

    "I am not a number. I am a free man."
    No. 6

  11. "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    > What

    > > > Why don't you embrace some then!--rb
    > > >

    > > I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    > How?
    > When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is
    > Lord.--rb

    Since when are religious beliefs appropriate topics for MHA? It simply
    opens up evey philosophical topic know to humanity. Unless we want to
    debate things that cannot be proven (& that's all religious discussions
    are), what's the point? There are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, atheists,
    agnostics, Taoists, Wiccans, & I'm sure those who have other beliefs as well
    here -- so what? Is the purpose to distract from the intended topic of
    health?

    My almost-19-year-old son & I recently discussed spiritual beliefs & he made
    me quite proud when he told me that he felt they should be practiced much
    more than they are preached.

    Michele
    I ENJOY being a cranky bitch.

  12. rb

    rb Guest

    "fred & michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    salvation????
    > > What

    > > > I was saved long before you or Jesus came along.

    > > How?
    > > When every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ

    is
    > > Lord.--rb

    > Since when are religious beliefs appropriate topics for MHA?

    I just responded to other's speaking of their own spiritual state.--rb

    It simply
    > opens up evey philosophical topic know to humanity. Unless we want to
    > debate things that cannot be proven (& that's all religious discussions
    > are), what's the point?

    The point i wanted to make was that for those that claim the torah and
    talmud as being the word of God, isn't it strange that they don't believe
    that Messiah has yet come when it clearly prophesies right to the day when
    the Messiah would come!--rb

    There are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, atheists,
    > agnostics, Taoists, Wiccans, & I'm sure those who have other beliefs as

    well
    > here -- so what? Is the purpose to distract from the intended topic of
    > health?

    Well it was other's such as mp and Neinoffal that brought religion onto
    the board first! Besides, anybody that didn't want to discuss it could just
    move on. It's not like anybody was making them deal with it!--rb

    > My almost-19-year-old son & I recently discussed spiritual beliefs & he

    made
    > me quite proud when he told me that he felt they should be practiced much
    > more than they are preached.

    As some spiritual beliefs are understood, it is better that they should
    never be practiced.--rb

    > Michele
    > I ENJOY being a cranky bitch.

  13. rb

    rb Guest

    "WB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:23:13 -0230, "rb" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > You obviously didn't read anything about it or you'd know that there

    were
    > >fart all calculations to it. 483 years are 483 years and there's no
    > >erroneous calculations to it.--rb

    > Fart all calculations ?
    >
    > Ignorant dweeb.

    Well Mr Smarty Pants, since you seem to think there was such a great lot
    of rocket science like calculations to figuring out when the Jewish Messiah
    was prophesied to come, suppose you outline-(more likely confuse?) these
    great calculations for us?
    The bible itself simply says that from the time King Artaxerxes authorised
    Nehemiah to rebuild/repair the walls of Jerusalem, there was going to be 69
    weeks of years(62 weeks + 7 weeks) or 7 x 62/7 = 434 years + 49 years = 483
    years which gives us the time just about at the start of the common era, or
    BC(before christ) and AD(after divinity). So if the bible is true and not a
    lie, the Messiah must have already come and gone and is getting ready to
    come again!

  14. rb

    rb Guest

    "Rich Andrews" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected]0666 (JDrew63929 at aol.com) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:

    > >>No it is far less.
    > >>
    > >>I used to pray to God, then I prayed to Jesus, then I prayed to Joe
    > >>Peschi and now I don't pray, I throw a coin in a fountain and wish. The
    > >>results? I
    > >>
    > >>get the same 50-50 results. Conclusions?
    > >>
    > >>God doesn't exist.
    > >>Jesus doesn't exist.
    > >>Joe doesn't care.
    > >>A wish and a penny is just as good as praying but quicker.

    > > Rich, your disconnect with God & Jesus have not only left you cynical,
    > > but blinded to the obvious. You can't pray directly to Joe Peschi, you
    > > must go through his agent. Make a note of it.
    > >

    > Joe said I could pray directly to him, but I gave up on joe. Now I just

    toss
    > pennies into a fountain. Quicker, easier, just as effective as praying.

    All the need in the world won't get you anything from God if you don't
    believe he will act if you ask something according to his will. They that
    cometh to god must believe that he is and that he will reward those that
    diligently seek him. --rb

    > --
    > "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or
    > numbered...My life is my own."
    >
    > "I am not a number. I am a free man."
    > No. 6

  15. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > All the need in the world won't get you anything from God if you don't
    > believe he will act if you ask something according to his will. They that
    > cometh to god must believe that he is and that he will reward those that
    > diligently seek him. --rb

    rb,

    That is the biggest crock of crap and you know it. If prayiong doesn't work
    it must be "his will"? Look around! If it is "his will" he is the most
    sadistict bastard in the universe. O ye of little knowledge, you know not
    of what you speak. Grab a roll of pennies and go to the nearest water and
    throw them in one by one and make a wish, you will have the same success
    rate in less time.

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
    magic."

    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

  16. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    rb wrote:

    > "fred & michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>"fred & michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>salvation????

    > Christ
    >
    >>>is

    >>> I just responded to other's speaking of their own spiritual state.--rb

    >>Which were responses to some posters bringing up disgusting remarks like
    >>"Jew boy" & citing websites that denied the Holocaust ever took place.

    > Can you post where Jan denied the holocaust? As for the Jew Boy remark to
    > Neinoffal, it's not like she's gassed him or anything. Everybody makes
    > certain remarks in moments of hot blood every now and again. That's about
    > all it was. It's silly making her out to be an anti semite for such an
    > innocuous comment.--rb

    As I pointed out at the time, I thought that she did not realize how
    offensive it is. She went and found justification for the comment, and,
    since then, has demonstrated a consistent bias.

    IOW, do not take it out of context.

    Balance snipped.

  17. "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "fred & michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > "fred & michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    > > > salvation????

    > Christ
    > > > is

    > > > I just responded to other's speaking of their own spiritual

    state.--rb

    > > Which were responses to some posters bringing up disgusting remarks like
    > > "Jew boy" & citing websites that denied the Holocaust ever took place.

    > Can you post where Jan denied the holocaust?

    "Some posters" is not just Jan, rb. Check the archives before guessing,
    okay?

    > As for the Jew Boy remark to
    > Neinoffal, it's not like she's gassed him or anything.

    That remark alone shows a real disgusting lack of insight into a human event
    that should make any decent person vow to never let it happen again. Sorry
    you're not in that category......

    > Everybody makes
    > certain remarks in moments of hot blood every now and again. That's about
    > all it was. It's silly making her out to be an anti semite for such an
    > innocuous comment.--rb

    Calling atheists & Jews liars isn't an innocuous comment. "Jew boy" shows
    anti-Semetic hatred. Selecting a religious slur to insult somebody goes
    well beyond "silly". Just like racial slurs, they are horrible terms used
    by people who are either stupid beyond belief or bigots. The internet
    allows posters to carefully weigh their words -- & as some posters here have
    repeated their nasty bigotry over & over again, "hot blooded remarks" have
    nothing to do with it. But you know that........

    > > > It simply

    > discussions
    > > >
    > > > The point i wanted to make was that for those that claim the torah

    > and
    > > > talmud as being the word of God, isn't it strange that they don't

    > believe
    > > > that Messiah has yet come when it clearly prophesies right to the day

    > when
    > > > the Messiah would come!--rb

    > > You haven't been able to cite any such thing, as evidenced by another

    > poster
    > > pointing out your erroneous calculations.

    > You obviously didn't read anything about it or you'd know that there

    were
    > fart all calculations to it. 483 years are 483 years and there's no
    > erroneous calculations to it.--rb

    Your calculations were erroneus. The number of weeks you posted doesn't
    equal 483 years.

    > > > There are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, atheists,

    > as
    > > > well

    > of

    > Well ask MP and Neinoffal. Is this the board to crush "alleged" anti
    > semites or discuss alternative medicine?--rb

    It is a place to refute bigoted remarks made by other posters. Anti-Semetic
    slurs were made. Others here did not start those slurs. But you know that
    too......

    > > > Well it was other's such as mp and Neinoffal that brought religion

    > onto
    > > > the board first!

    > > Try reading who called another poster a "Jew boy" -- who said that

    Hitler
    > > had the right idea -- who claimed that Jews are against all alternative
    > > health care (even while citing a website that proved they were lying

    about
    > > its content!) -- who has posted that Jews don't think for themelves but

    > only
    > > carry the opinions of their faith. That wouldn't be Mark or Ilsa, rb.

    > I don't think Jan for one second said any of that.

    Look in the archives, rb. And once again, you are assuming I am referring
    only to Jan. I am not. There have been others here on MHA who have added
    their tiny minded nastiness to Jan's. Including you.

    >Besides, isn't it MP
    > who's going about digging up any anti-semites he can find, real or

    imagined?

    No need to dig. The anti-Semites on MHA are lying right on the surface like
    dog turds left on the curb. Easy to see & they stink too.

    > And isn't it neinoffal who's going about spewing great oceans of steaming
    > bags of feces out of his mouth for no other purpose than to provoke people
    > into making rude comments anyways?--rb

    Rude comments are one thing -- religious slurs quite another. Only dense
    people resort to religious or racial attacks -- probably because they lack
    the intelligence & wit to come up with something more creative. I almost
    feel sorry for those who can't come up with something better than what any
    dimwit could muster up. But my sense of decency quickly dispels any pity I
    may feel for such dullards.

    > > > Besides, anybody that didn't want to discuss it could just
    > > > move on. It's not like anybody was making them deal with it!--rb

    > > Or they can choose to respond to such bigotry. They can choose to

    discuss
    > > it if they wish. Remember, those bringing it up first aren't the only
    > > people entitled to express their POV. Odd that some posters bring up

    such
    > > garbage & then expect others to keep silent. If they want others to

    keep
    > > religious beliefs to themselves, they should do the same with their own.
    > > Otherwise, it should be expected that religion will be a topic -- which
    > > those who brought the subject up will then bitch about. It's like

    > bringing
    > > up abortion, homosexuality, & other topic unrelated to health. Free

    > speech
    > > says that's fine & dandy. But once the subject's open, the ones who

    > brought
    > > it up are idiots for complaining when others speak their minds on it.

    > It wasn't Jan that accused herself of being an anti semitic bigot

    No shit, Sherlock. She made some of the remarks that inspired such
    response.

    >and it
    > certainly was MP and Neinoffal who have accused me too--without reason--of
    > being an anti semitic religious bigot all of which got what to do with
    > alternative medicine?--rb

    Your posts show a thinly veiled bigot. Your remarks about "gassing"
    someone, your inability to see any offense when others spout "Jew boy", your
    statements that show an "us & them" mentality when it comes to beliefs that
    can't be proven anywhere are very telling, rb. Quoting your *religious*
    beliefs as some sort of authority in the arena of MHA is equally revealing.

    > he
    > > > made

    > > much
    > > >
    > > > As some spiritual beliefs are understood, it is better that they

    > should
    > > > never be practiced.--rb

    > > No doubt some think that would apply to your beliefs as presented here.

    > And what so offensive about my beliefs as they've been presented
    > here?--rb

    See above. Or maybe you really aren't able to?

    Michele
    I ENJOY being a cranky bitch.