Re: What makes Alan Erskine the Asshole that he is?

Edward Dolan

Guest
"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
>
> Ed,
>
> I don't want to belabor this issue, but since you have repeatedly said
> that I am an expert on trolls and know a real troll when confronted
> with one, why then is it that when I contend that you are a troll, you
> contradict me and yourself by asserting that I am in error for having
> identified you as being a troll??? The conundrum continues!!!
>
> No one is paying any attention to you when it comes to ME (Ed Dolan the
> Great) since you have ever proven yourself nothing but a stalker, a
> creature
> more to be pitied than even a troll.

>>Opinion stated as fact ... AGAIN. Are you objecting to my agreeing with

you? I concur that I know a troll when I see one and you conform to the
definition. Labeling you what you are is simply "truth in advertising".

Ed Gin and I cannot both be the same kind of troll. One is evil and the
other is good. Make some discriminations, why don't you?

>>Did you ever consider why it is that so many object to your presence?

It is because you initiate cross-posted diatribes specifically crafted
to infuriate and elicit a response. Then, when someone replies, you
prove yourself to be an implacable, obnoxious adversary who who will
not cease and desist as requested. Ed, you suffer from delusions of
relevance and the rest of us suffer because of it.

I am only being me. Others can like it or lump it.

By the way, there are a few intelligent members who do appreciate me. The
rest who don't are all idiots of course - and who cares about them?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
> >
> > Ed,
> >
> > I don't want to belabor this issue, but since you have repeatedly said
> > that I am an expert on trolls and know a real troll when confronted
> > with one, why then is it that when I contend that you are a troll, you
> > contradict me and yourself by asserting that I am in error for having
> > identified you as being a troll??? The conundrum continues!!!
> >
> > No one is paying any attention to you when it comes to ME (Ed Dolan the
> > Great) since you have ever proven yourself nothing but a stalker, a
> > creature
> > more to be pitied than even a troll.

> >>Opinion stated as fact ... AGAIN. Are you objecting to my agreeing with

> you? I concur that I know a troll when I see one and you conform to the
> definition. Labeling you what you are is simply "truth in advertising".
>
> Ed Gin and I cannot both be the same kind of troll. One is evil and the
> other is good. Make some discriminations, why don't you?

I stated several times that Ed Gin is not part an parcel of this
discussion, so when and where did I state that you and Ed Gin were the
same kind of troll??? I have been very definitive in my discrimination.
In fact, I was very specific in this particular regard in other threads
when I stated that there is nothing either explicit or implicit in the
definition of a troll that can possibly be misconstrued as good. GOOD
TROLL is an oxymoron. Comparing trolls, as you continue to suggest, is
akin to comparing apples and oranges. They are both fruit but come in
different flavors. All trolls are not "created" equal, but the
difference that distinguish them from one another is merely a matter of
form (read style) rather than substance. The readership has heard
enough and has long since made there own determination in this regard.
End of discussion. This particular topic has been exhausted and is
closed to further discussion. Even the dead horse is complaining of the
continued beatings.

> >>Did you ever consider why it is that so many object to your presence?

> It is because you initiate cross-posted diatribes specifically crafted
> to infuriate and elicit a response. Then, when someone replies, you
> prove yourself to be an implacable, obnoxious adversary who who will
> not cease and desist as requested. Ed, you suffer from delusions of
> relevance and the rest of us suffer because of it.
>
> I am only being me.

And that in a nutshell is what others fin objectionable.l

> Others can like it or lump it.

Thanks for a frank admission that admirably supports my contention
that you are an an implacable, obnoxious adversary who who will not
cease and desist when requested.

> By the way, there are a few intelligent members who do appreciate me. The
> rest who don't are all idiots of course - and who cares about them?

And you are operating from the mistaken presupposition that the
readership cares about you??? I was unaware that there was Ed Dolan fan
club? Who are these nameless fans of yours??? You constantly berate all
who post here for having subliminal intellect and now you would have us
believe that there are intelligent members who actually appreciate
you.You have to abandon up this bad habit of self-contradiction if you
ever expect to establish any degree of credibility. Why not start
now??? How about an exercise in truth in advertising. Would you please
supply a list of names of these intelligent members who allegedly are
appreciative of you so that they can be provided the opportunity to
either confirm or deny your assertion. Until you produce the names, it
is not unreasonable to assume that you are just spreadin' the manure
again.

Jim McNamara

P.S. I've noted that your posts are getting longer as are your
paragraphs, a characteristic for which you labeled me a long winded
bore. Welcome to the club. At least no one will accuse of being a
quipster like Ludmila, our frurstrated comedian whose posts consist of
single sentence one-liners crafted to aggravate the recipient and amuse
the author. It's time for her to stop filling in for Alan Eskine as a
newsgroup monitor and work on perfecting a new skill.

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
> >
> > Ed,
> >
> > I don't want to belabor this issue, but since you have repeatedly said
> > that I am an expert on trolls and know a real troll when confronted
> > with one, why then is it that when I contend that you are a troll, you
> > contradict me and yourself by asserting that I am in error for having
> > identified you as being a troll??? The conundrum continues!!!
> >
> > No one is paying any attention to you when it comes to ME (Ed Dolan the
> > Great) since you have ever proven yourself nothing but a stalker, a
> > creature
> > more to be pitied than even a troll.

> >>Opinion stated as fact ... AGAIN. Are you objecting to my agreeing with

> you? I concur that I know a troll when I see one and you conform to the
> definition. Labeling you what you are is simply "truth in advertising".
>
> Ed Gin and I cannot both be the same kind of troll. One is evil and the
> other is good. Make some discriminations, why don't you?
>
> >>Did you ever consider why it is that so many object to your presence?

> It is because you initiate cross-posted diatribes specifically crafted
> to infuriate and elicit a response. Then, when someone replies, you
> prove yourself to be an implacable, obnoxious adversary who who will
> not cease and desist as requested. Ed, you suffer from delusions of
> relevance and the rest of us suffer because of it.
>
> I am only being me. Others can like it or lump it.
>
> By the way, there are a few intelligent members who do appreciate me. The
> rest who don't are all idiots of course - and who cares about them?

YO ED,

Your quoting hierarchy is messed up.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> And you are operating from the mistaken presupposition that the
> readership cares about you??? I was unaware that there was Ed Dolan fan
> club? Who are these nameless fans of yours??? You constantly berate all
> who post here for having subliminal intellect and now you would have us
> believe that there are intelligent members who actually appreciate
> you.You have to abandon up this bad habit of self-contradiction if you
> ever expect to establish any degree of credibility. Why not start
> now??? How about an exercise in truth in advertising. Would you please
> supply a list of names of these intelligent members who allegedly are
> appreciative of you so that they can be provided the opportunity to
> either confirm or deny your assertion. Until you produce the names, it
> is not unreasonable to assume that you are just spreadin' the manure
> again....

Some of us feel sorry for Ed Dolan, since he has no greater enjoyment
in life than offending people on Usenet.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
>> And you are operating from the mistaken presupposition that the
>> readership cares about you??? I was unaware that there was Ed Dolan fan
>> club? Who are these nameless fans of yours??? You constantly berate all
>> who post here for having subliminal intellect and now you would have us
>> believe that there are intelligent members who actually appreciate
>> you.You have to abandon up this bad habit of self-contradiction if you
>> ever expect to establish any degree of credibility. Why not start
>> now??? How about an exercise in truth in advertising. Would you please
>> supply a list of names of these intelligent members who allegedly are
>> appreciative of you so that they can be provided the opportunity to
>> either confirm or deny your assertion. Until you produce the names, it
>> is not unreasonable to assume that you are just spreadin' the manure
>> again....

> Some of us feel sorry for Ed Dolan, since he has no greater enjoyment
> in life than offending people on Usenet.

Thin-skinned types deserve to be offended. I consider it my good deed for
the day whenever I am able to accommodate them.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> By the way, there are a few intelligent members who do appreciate me. The
>> rest who don't are all idiots of course - and who cares about them?

> And you are operating from the mistaken presupposition that the
> readership cares about you??? I was unaware that there was Ed Dolan fan
> club? Who are these nameless fans of yours???

Yes, there is an Ed Dolan fan club, but its members are very secretive.

You constantly berate all
> who post here for having subliminal intellect and now you would have us
> believe that there are intelligent members who actually appreciate
> you.You have to abandon up this bad habit of self-contradiction if you
> ever expect to establish any degree of credibility. Why not start
> now??? How about an exercise in truth in advertising. Would you please
> supply a list of names of these intelligent members who allegedly are
> appreciative of you so that they can be provided the opportunity to
> either confirm or deny your assertion. Until you produce the names, it
> is not unreasonable to assume that you are just spreadin' the manure
> again.

The members of the Ed Dolan fan club wish to remain unknown for the present.
Someday their names can be revealed to all and sundry, but until that day I
must respect their right to privacy.

> P.S. I've noted that your posts are getting longer as are your
> paragraphs, a characteristic for which you labeled me a long winded
> bore. Welcome to the club. At least no one will accuse of being a
> quipster like Ludmila, our frurstrated comedian whose posts consist of
> single sentence one-liners crafted to aggravate the recipient and amuse
> the author. It's time for her to stop filling in for Alan Eskine as a
> newsgroup monitor and work on perfecting a new skill.

An original post can be longer than a response post. After all, we do not
want to end up like Tom Sherman who has become a cipher and a nonentity here
on ARBR. I think he should permantely crossover to the technical group where
he can more fully indulge his nerdiness with all those other techno-freaks.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:

> [...]
> >> By the way, there are a few intelligent members who do appreciate me. The
> >> rest who don't are all idiots of course - and who cares about them?

> > And you are operating from the mistaken presupposition that the
> > readership cares about you??? I was unaware that there was Ed Dolan fan
> > club? Who are these nameless fans of yours???

> Yes, there is an Ed Dolan fan club, but its members are very secretive.
>
> You constantly berate all
> > who post here for having subliminal intellect and now you would have us
> > believe that there are intelligent members who actually appreciate
> > you.You have to abandon up this bad habit of self-contradiction if you
> > ever expect to establish any degree of credibility. Why not start
> > now??? How about an exercise in truth in advertising. Would you please
> > supply a list of names of these intelligent members who allegedly are
> > appreciative of you so that they can be provided the opportunity to
> > either confirm or deny your assertion. Until you produce the names, it
> > is not unreasonable to assume that you are just spreadin' the manure
> > again.

> The members of the Ed Dolan fan club wish to remain unknown for the present.
> Someday their names can be revealed to all and sundry, but until that day I
> must respect their right to privacy.

TRANSLATION ... I have no fan club. We now return you the the regularly
scheduled broadcast of Ed Dolan spreading more manure.

> > P.S. I've noted that your posts are getting longer as are your
> > paragraphs, a characteristic for which you labeled me a long winded
> > bore. Welcome to the club. At least no one will accuse of being a
> > quipster like Ludmila, our frustrated comedian whose posts consist of
> > single sentence one-liners crafted to aggravate the recipient and amuse
> > the author. It's time for her to stop filling in for Alan Eskine as a
> > newsgroup monitor and work on perfecting a new skill.

> An original post can be longer than a response post.

You have often criticized me for being long winded and for writing too
long a paragraph even when I originated (authored) the post so you
can't very well cite that as reason for your exemption. What you have
to say often does come back to haunt you doesn't it, Ed.

Regardless of relevance, you have an answer for every occasion even
when that answer contradicts a position previously taken which in turn
contradicts your claim that you stand by every you post you make. You
can't very well stand by opposing points of view now can you??? This
makes for a vexing and unresolvable dilemma that is even above and
beyond beyond the powers of the "great" one.

After all, we do not
> want to end up like Tom Sherman who has become a cipher and a nonentity here
> on ARBR. I think he should permantely crossover to the technical group where
> he can more fully indulge his nerdiness with all those other techno-freaks.

An I can say with some degree of certainty that no one want to end up
like you. In the past you have often expressed your admiration for Tom,
so why not emulate him and officially become the nonentity that you
proven yourself to be and abandon the newsgroups???

Jim McNamara