In article <[email hidden]>,
Borris said:
What do you think would be good a mile time (time it would take to jog a
mile), for an adult male with no particular genetic giftedness in jogging?
At what point does he have something that he can be proud of that other
runners might not scoff at?
There will always be people who think it's great that you can run a mile
in xx:xx, and there will always be people who tell you your time is
nothing special. Well, at least until you're under 4:00.
I'd say probably most active men could run around 8:00 if they trained
for it. A pretty good number could run 7:00. When you get to 6:00,
you're looking at people who have some decent endurance and decent
speed, so that might be *my* answer to your question. I think for sure
by the time you can do a 5:00 mile *most* serious runners would give you
some credit.
--Harold Buck
"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson