Re: What someone posted, that I think we all should answer

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
What kind of bike do you ride?

GF Sugar with some non-standard components. After my old bike was totalled, I
wanted to get out there and ride ASAP, and I got a pretty good deal on last
year's model. It's not my dream bike, and it's a total pig, but at least I
can ride.

What is your opinion of a single speed?

I like the idea. I'm pretty weak right now, and pushing hard on the pedals
hurts my knees, but some day I'd like to have one. The three-speed idea
mentioned in another thread would be pretty cool.

Where is your favorite trail?

Um. I haven't ridden all that many trails. So far my favorite has been
Devil's Backbone, even though I had to walk a lot of it, because it had so
many different types of terrain and really challenged me.

How long is your average ride?

Er, hrm. Probably 2-3 hours on weekends; more like 1.5 on weekdays, when I
have to squeeze it in after work.

How long have you been riding?

I bought my mountain bike in the summer of 2003. I hadn't ridden a bicycle at
all for years before that. So less than 2 years.

Have you **ever** posted a ride report?

Yup, probably too many. I get excited about the little things.

Who got you into riding?

My husband (then boyfriend) and my aunt. My husband used to ride his mountain
bike all the time, but somehow he hadn't really done much since moving to
Colorado (boggle). We visited my aunt in Utah and he brought his bike; they
were going to go riding, and I didn't want to be left behind, so I bought a
bike. Obviously I'd been thinking about getting one for a while; that was the
impetus, though.

Do you prefer lycra or baggies?

Lycra. Baggies seem to catch on the nose of the saddle more often.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

Good point about baggies catching the nose of the saddle, I've killed a
pair that way. Still, I haven't worn lycra since I was younger and in
better shape. Hmmm, must cycle more and regain a lycra worthy figure :)

"DecSim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Good point about baggies catching the nose of the saddle, I've killed a
> pair that way. Still, I haven't worn lycra since I was younger and in
> better shape. Hmmm, must cycle more and regain a lycra worthy figure :)

Hmm, I did not know that there was a beauty pagent going on while on the
trails.

I am resonably fit, partly due to lack of vehcile for a year, and biking to
work. I dont wear what I wear for fashion, I wear it for function. If i ever
got to be over weight, I likely would still wear lycra shorts on a bike.

I havent gotten a jersey yet. That will be for this summer

Micheal

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:29:10 -0800, DecSim <[email protected]> wrote:

> Good point about baggies catching the nose of the saddle, I've killed a
> pair that way. Still, I haven't worn lycra since I was younger and in
> better shape. Hmmm, must cycle more and regain a lycra worthy figure :)

Unless you have a "lycra worthy figure" like this
http://maskme.com/Public/Free Gallery/rohome1.JPG please spare us the
horror.
--
Slack

Lycra scares me, so if I am going to wear it on it's own then I feel
the need to look like one of these smug buggers on the front cover of
Mens Health. Happy to wear some pig ugly kit though if it works well. I
used to wear a 1980s Trek Team Goretech top (purple, red, white, and
yellow). Now that was tasty.

On 2005-03-20, Slack penned:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:29:10 -0800, DecSim <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Good point about baggies catching the nose of the saddle, I've killed a
>> pair that way. Still, I haven't worn lycra since I was younger and in
>> better shape. Hmmm, must cycle more and regain a lycra worthy figure :)
>>

> Unless you have a "lycra worthy figure" like this
> http://maskme.com/Public/Free Gallery/rohome1.JPG please spare us the
> horror.

That's scary.

If you don't like the lycra, pass the person. If you can't pass the person
whose butt you don't like in lycra, consider working on your own butt
instead. Your baggies are most likely showing some unpleasant crack.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:37:41 -0800, Monique Y. Mudama
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2005-03-20, Slack penned:
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:29:10 -0800, DecSim <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Good point about baggies catching the nose of the saddle, I've killed a
>>> pair that way. Still, I haven't worn lycra since I was younger and in
>>> better shape. Hmmm, must cycle more and regain a lycra worthy figure:)
>>>

>> Unless you have a "lycra worthy figure" like this
>> http://maskme.com/Public/Free Gallery/rohome1.JPG please spare us the
>> horror.

> That's scary.
>
> If you don't like the lycra, pass the person. If you can't pass the
> person
> whose butt you don't like in lycra, consider working on your own butt
> instead. Your baggies are most likely showing some unpleasant crack.

I wear extra long jerseys and my c-bak hangs way low as an emergency
back-up :p
--
Slack

On 2005-03-20, Slack penned:

> I wear extra long jerseys and my c-bak hangs way low as an emergency
> back-up :p

Well, if that works for ya ...

I just wear lycra. Just about anyone on a bike can pass me, up or downhill,
so they have no excuse if they don't like the view =P

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:26:45 -0800, Monique Y. Mudama
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2005-03-20, Slack penned:
>>
>> I wear extra long jerseys and my c-bak hangs way low as an emergency
>> back-up :p

> Well, if that works for ya ...
>
> I just wear lycra. Just about anyone on a bike can pass me, up or
> downhill,
> so they have no excuse if they don't like the view =P

I should clarify, women never look better in baggies.
--
Slack