Re: What speed will win RTL?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by boisei, May 21, 2008.

  1. boisei

    boisei Guest

    maestro8 wrote:
    > This is news to me.
    > The biggest question remains... will any of the teams be "juicing up"
    > for the race? This would have a significant impact on performance.

    Except on climbs I find my unicycle speed less limited by the heartrate
    than the form I can maintain.

    My average unicycle heartrate for a ride of a given duration is always
    lower than what I can sustain for a run or bicycle ride of the same
    length.

    I think this must be the biggest advantage of the GUni (having never
    seen one in person, mind you) that a greater speed can be sustained
    with less bodily forces upsetting balance.

    From just an endurance point of view, the heartrate I can maintain for
    a given time, I should be able to beat the 24 hour record no problem :p
    With my @$$ in the saddle, however, there are other issues that keep
    me from making that attempt.

    I'm not so sure how much juicing would help.

    --
    boisei