Re: What Would You Do With A Bicycle Thief??

Chinese or not, you do yourself a disservice by being a bigot.

on a much different note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zb8YXrmIA - Here is a video from
youtube about a guy stealing his own bike in NYC to see what happens.
This may have already gotten around the forum but I'm too lazy to
search for it in the archives. And anyways, its worth watching again
and there may be some new readers.

My only crit on this video is the situation in which he is stealing
the bikes (i.e. rush hour) is almost too absurd for him to be anyone
but the owner. Though there are other reports of public indifference
to crime in progress (e.g. the murder of Kitty Genovese:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese - this is a more
conservative version that the one that is usually reported. What
really happened is probably somewhere between the two.) Getting
OT...The important part is the video, I dont want to start some long
thread about Kitty Genovese.

On Aug 27, 12:30 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Chinese or not, you do yourself a disservice by being a bigot.

I don't see what the problem is. There are certain behavioral
patterns which often correlate with certain groups. Women tend to be
a certain way, hispanics tend to be a certain way, Republicans tend to
be a certain way, bicyclists tend to be a certain way, etc.

> on a much different note:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zb8YXrmIA- Here is a video from
> youtube about a guy stealing his own bike in NYC to see what happens.
> This may have already gotten around the forum but I'm too lazy to
> search for it in the archives. And anyways, its worth watching again
> and there may be some new readers.

It's a great video, and particularly hilarious when what appears to be
a passer-by even tries to help him break the lock!

> My only crit on this video is the situation in which he is stealing
> the bikes (i.e. rush hour) is almost too absurd for him to be anyone
> but the owner. Though there are other reports of public indifference
> to crime in progress (e.g. the murder of Kitty Genovese:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese- this is a more
> conservative version that the one that is usually reported. What
> really happened is probably somewhere between the two.) Getting
> OT...The important part is the video, I dont want to start some long
> thread about Kitty Genovese.

Indeed -- what would you do if you caught a bicycle thief,
particularly not one stealing your bike???