Re: What's up with all the preaching?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

> Dear Bob,
>
> What has my intellect to do with a man's faith?
>
> Jesus is for all men, and in His love I have only ever been inclined to
> lift you up, even though there have been times when I have known you to
> suffer for your want to be more to yourself. If I am a fool for this,
> then I am a fool for caring and loving you as my Lord and Saviour has
> taught me. I prefer that nature of myself than the one you want of me;
> and so I must remain, as ever, the fool you may come to love in Christ.
>

> I am but human, if this is a folly of us all.
>
> In Christ's love
> Carol T

Amen :)

Yes, without Christ, we are prone to folly. Without Him, we are frail.
The LORD sent those devastating hurricanes to remind us of this
because the tsunami last year did not. The LORD most assuredly is
kind, just, and right.

Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
like cardiology, diabetes and nutrition that interest those following
this thread here during the next on-line chat (12/22/05) from 6 to 7 pm
EST (11 pm to 12 mn GMT):

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how the LORD has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

Many Christmas blessings,

Andrew
http://tinyurl.com/b6xwk

On 19 Dec 2005 04:18:57 -0800, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> Dear Bob,
>>
>> What has my intellect to do with a man's faith?
>>
>> Jesus is for all men, and in His love I have only ever been inclined to
>> lift you up, even though there have been times when I have known you to
>> suffer for your want to be more to yourself. If I am a fool for this,
>> then I am a fool for caring and loving you as my Lord and Saviour has
>> taught me. I prefer that nature of myself than the one you want of me;
>> and so I must remain, as ever, the fool you may come to love in Christ.
>>

>> I am but human, if this is a folly of us all.
>>
>> In Christ's love
>> Carol T

>Amen :)
>
>Yes, without Christ, we are prone to folly. Without Him, we are frail.
> The LORD sent those devastating hurricanes to remind us of this
>because the tsunami last year did not. The LORD most assuredly is
>kind, just, and right.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Thanks for the laugh.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > Dear Bob,
> >
> > What has my intellect to do with a man's faith?
> >
> > Jesus is for all men, and in His love I have only ever been inclined

> > lift you up, even though there have been times when I have known you

> > suffer for your want to be more to yourself. If I am a fool for

> this,
> > then I am a fool for caring and loving you as my Lord and Saviour

> has
> > taught me. I prefer that nature of myself than the one you want of

> me;
> > and so I must remain, as ever, the fool you may come to love in

> Christ.

Oy! examine your own words, they make no sense. They are representative
of a type of religious rhetoric that when examined says nothing. If you
want to ascribe any love You may have for anything to a mythical being
that is your choice, but it does not make for a very interesting
explanation of why you cant take responsibility for your own actions, or
lack of them.

You are capable of being altruistic, it is one of the few things that
separates mankind from the beasts, we can share, even though mostly we
don't. If these religious types spent as much time 'doing good' as they
did telling people they should and how they should the world would
probably be a better place, but like most problems in the world, it is
easier for arm chair critics to sit around and pontificate about the
lord rather than do anything practical about alleviating human
suffering, just get right with the lord and everything will be fine, oy!
it would be funny if it were not so sad.

> > I am but human, if this is a folly of us all.
> >
> > In Christ's love
> > Carol T

> Amen :)
>
> Yes, without Christ, we are prone to folly.

Even with this myth of 'Christ' the human animal is as foolish as it
ever was.

> Without Him, we are frail.

As frail as the animal ever was.

> The LORD sent those devastating hurricanes to remind us of this
> because the tsunami last year did not.

And every natural phenomena that has severely impacted civilization for
the last 2,000 odd years is then the same thing. Which means either
"god" is crazy (repeating the same action over and over and expecting a
different result) or the human animal is particularly dumb and unwilling
to learn from "evil portents and omens of Gods wrath" .

And that is the worst kind of theology. You might as well argue that
every abusive, murdering, chaotic, traumatic phenomena is a direct
intervention of this "Lord" with the planet. And of course, true
believers are too prone to make this argument, and that selectively,
when it happens to somebody else its the "Lord" working in his
mysterious ways, when it happens to you its a natural phenomena. It is
a bad argument cause inevitably it turns around and afflicts you and
demonstrates the "Lord" punishing you for your sins as well as your
selective paranoia.

> The LORD most assuredly is
> kind, just, and right.

In all its murdering ferocity?

Left to yourself your delusions should harm no one but yourself,
unfortunately this kind of delusion is often a shared delusion that only
reinforces the most ridiculous superstitious nonsense.
---
JL

Joseph LIttleshoes wrote:
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Dear Bob,
> > >
> > > What has my intellect to do with a man's faith?
> > >
> > > Jesus is for all men, and in His love I have only ever been inclined

> > > lift you up, even though there have been times when I have known you

> > > suffer for your want to be more to yourself. If I am a fool for

> > this,
> > > then I am a fool for caring and loving you as my Lord and Saviour

> > has
> > > taught me. I prefer that nature of myself than the one you want of

> > me;
> > > and so I must remain, as ever, the fool you may come to love in

> > Christ.

> Oy! examine your own words, they make no sense.

Carol's words make sense to me. Sorry if the LORD has not helped you
to comprehend them.

> They are representative
> of a type of religious rhetoric that when examined says nothing. If you
> want to ascribe any love You may have for anything to a mythical being
> that is your choice, but it does not make for a very interesting
> explanation of why you cant take responsibility for your own actions, or
> lack of them.

Would suggest you read the following to perhaps help you reach a higher
level of understanding:

http://www.HeartMDPhD.com/Christ.asp

> You are capable of being altruistic, it is one of the few things that
> separates mankind from the beasts, we can share, even though mostly we
> don't. If these religious types spent as much time 'doing good' as they
> did telling people they should and how they should the world would
> probably be a better place, but like most problems in the world, it is
> easier for arm chair critics to sit around and pontificate about the
> lord rather than do anything practical about alleviating human
> suffering, just get right with the lord and everything will be fine, oy!
> it would be funny if it were not so sad.

There is no sadness for those who are walking with the LORD for He does
provide for all their needs.

> > > I am but human, if this is a folly of us all.
> > >
> > > In Christ's love
> > > Carol T

> > Amen :)
> >
> > Yes, without Christ, we are prone to folly.

> Even with this myth of 'Christ' the human animal is as foolish as it
> ever was.

Only the LORD's opinion matters here.

> > Without Him, we are frail.

> As frail as the animal ever was.

Those who walk with the LORD have His infinite strength.

> > The LORD sent those devastating hurricanes to remind us of this
> > because the tsunami last year did not.

> And every natural phenomena that has severely impacted civilization for
> the last 2,000 odd years is then the same thing.

Correct.

> Which means either
> "god" is crazy (repeating the same action over and over and expecting a
> different result) or the human animal is particularly dumb and unwilling
> to learn from "evil portents and omens of Gods wrath" .

The LORD describes the people of Israel to be a particularly
"stiff-necked" group.

> And that is the worst kind of theology. You might as well argue that
> every abusive, murdering, chaotic, traumatic phenomena is a direct
> intervention of this "Lord" with the planet.

It would not be an argument but rather the truth:

> And of course, true
> believers are too prone to make this argument, and that selectively,
> when it happens to somebody else its the "Lord" working in his
> mysterious ways, when it happens to you its a natural phenomena.

True believers don't argue but simply inform. There is no point
debating with the truth.

> It is
> a bad argument cause inevitably it turns around and afflicts you and
> demonstrates the "Lord" punishing you for your sins as well as your
> selective paranoia.

Those who choose to argue with the LORD inevitably regret it.

> > The LORD most assuredly is
> > kind, just, and right.

> In all its murdering ferocity?

When the LORD unmakes what He has made it is not murder. This is
called "sovereign immunity." Yes, the LORD is above the law.

> Left to yourself your delusions should harm no one but yourself,
> unfortunately this kind of delusion is often a shared delusion that only
> reinforces the most ridiculous superstitious nonsense.

The truth is not delusion.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> [...]

>>>The LORD most assuredly is
>>>kind, just, and right.

>>In all its murdering ferocity?

> When the LORD unmakes what He has made it is not murder. This is
> called "sovereign immunity." Yes, the LORD is above the law.
>

>>Left to yourself your delusions should harm no one but yourself,
>>unfortunately this kind of delusion is often a shared delusion that only
>>reinforces the most ridiculous superstitious nonsense.

> The truth is not delusion.
>
> Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
> like cardiology, diabetes and nutrition that interest those following
> this thread here during the next on-line chat (12/22/05) from 6 to 7 pm
> EST:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cpayh
>
> For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for

Andrew, you are seriously starting to **** me off big time! I removed
all your x-posting. I have killfiled you so many times but you just
keep evading them. Now I'm going to get nasty so you should be looking
for a new account very soon!

~patches~ wrote:

> Andrew, you are seriously starting to **** me off big time! I
> removed all your x-posting.

Please don't do that in future. My filters are set to delete posts
based on the crossposts. By removing them, you brought back the posts
for me.

Brian

won't shut up.

~patches~ wrote:

> Andrew, you are seriously starting to **** me off big time! I removed all
> your x-posting.

Chung doesn't read RFC. That's why he cross-posts to all those other groups.

BTW, "X" is supposed to stand for Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ.
<snicker>

Bob

Andrew B. Chung propagandized:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> > Andrew B. Chung propagandized even further:
> >

> > > Yes, without Christ, we are prone to folly.

> > Even with this myth of 'Christ' the human animal is as foolish as it

> > ever was.

> Only the LORD's opinion matters here.

Which of course you and your ilk have a direct line to.

I really don't know which is worse, that you think the "Lord" of the
Universe has an opinion and shares it with you, or that you are arrogant
enough to think your febrile imaginings are anything more than self
delusion.

That you believe natural phenomena is punishment for sin is too
laughable to even discuss. Its a big universe out there, what did
people have to do to cause galaxies to collide and stars to go nova,
laugh at their fathers nakedness? make fun of an old man? Offer "God"
fruits of the field rather than burnt animal flesh? Surly those are good
enough reason for "God" to destroy whole planetary systems. Obviously
cant have anything to do with nuclear fuel running out and gravity
taking over.
---
JL