Re: Wheel Sizes

Naqerj

Guest
David Martin wrote:

> The thing to look for is the ETRO number.

I think there should be another letter in there... ETRTO?

ISO size is the same thing.

> This is the bead seat
> diameter, ie the size of the rim the tyre fits on and the width of the
> tyre, and looks like 622-25 (622mm diameter rim and 25mm cross section
> tyre, broadly equivalent to the 27 x1" but not quite the same.) Here is
> an abbreviated list of sizes
>
> ETRO traditional description
> 635 28" Policemans bike
> 630 old 27" road

Well, not *that* old... it's post-WW2 (there was a pre-war 27 x 1-1/4;
that's ETRTO 622!)

> 622 700c (also known as 29" for off road)
> 597 Another 26"

That's 26 x 1-1/4

> 590 Old 26" roadster

26 x 1-3/8 or 650A

> 584 650B

26 x 1-1/2 in UK

> 571 650c

26 x 1-3/4 (ie: trade bike size)

> 559 26" mountain bike

and it's round about here that my memory fails

--
Andrew

Naqerj wrote:

> David Martin wrote:
>
> > The thing to look for is the ETRO number.

> I think there should be another letter in there... ETRTO?

European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL