Re: Wheel Sizes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Naqerj, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Naqerj

    Naqerj Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > The thing to look for is the ETRO number.

    I think there should be another letter in there... ETRTO?

    ISO size is the same thing.

    > This is the bead seat
    > diameter, ie the size of the rim the tyre fits on and the width of the
    > tyre, and looks like 622-25 (622mm diameter rim and 25mm cross section
    > tyre, broadly equivalent to the 27 x1" but not quite the same.) Here is
    > an abbreviated list of sizes
    >
    > ETRO traditional description
    > 635 28" Policemans bike
    > 630 old 27" road

    Well, not *that* old... it's post-WW2 (there was a pre-war 27 x 1-1/4;
    that's ETRTO 622!)

    > 622 700c (also known as 29" for off road)
    > 597 Another 26"

    That's 26 x 1-1/4

    > 590 Old 26" roadster

    26 x 1-3/8 or 650A

    > 584 650B

    26 x 1-1/2 in UK

    > 571 650c

    26 x 1-3/4 (ie: trade bike size)

    > 559 26" mountain bike

    and it's round about here that my memory fails

    --
    Andrew

    Tags:

  2. m-gineering

    m-gineering Guest

    Naqerj wrote:

    > David Martin wrote:
    >
    > > The thing to look for is the ETRO number.

    > I think there should be another letter in there... ETRTO?

    European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation

    --
    ---
    Marten Gerritsen

    INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL