Re: When did you start counting calories?

Doug Freyburger

Guest

6
> or so weeks total) I'm wondering about when you started paying
> attention to calories.
>
> I have started watching them in the past couple weeks and strive to
> keep them below 1500.
>
> I keep seeing 'calories will count eventually', I'm just wondering
> what people feel is the 'eventually'.

My perspective from being on Atkins:

Depends on what you mean by counting carbs. In your case it
means reducing them and in my opinion you are way to early
for that, maybe even a year to early.

1)
Watching cals only to confirm I wasn't overeating - any time
after Induction. I waited a few months then counted for a
couple of weeks and did an average to see if my calories
were in line with a common guideline like 10 calories per
pound of goal.

2)
Watching cals in order to reduce them - so long as you are
certain you're not overeating, then it's potentially only
needed in the last 20-30 pounds.

3)
Watching cals to bust a stall - maybe the 4th thing to try
when you hit a stall by the formal definition from Dr A,
so long as you are certain you're not overeating.