Re: Where's the FAQ 'n Charter?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Craig Oldfield, Feb 7, 2006.

  1. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Pointers please...
    > ____
    >
    > Paul Rooney
    >
    > "Rooney is one of these vandals and has done his utmost to help trash dl and the
    > other groups which he regularly crossposts to. He's created a false FAQ
    > and charter" (Chris Lawrence in uk.rec.walking)
    >
    > "Also long time d.l. reader (but never feel robust enough to post much,
    > especially since Rooney wrecked the group." (Rachel Sullivan in uk.rec.walking)

    looks like the sad loony, who hasn't got the balls to turn up and meet
    Chris, hasn't got the brains to hide his ID. Pillock.
    --
    Craig Oldfield

    Tags:

  2. druidh

    druidh Guest

    This appears to be another demon.local squabble. Frankly, I'd
    appreciate it if you left it there where it belongs.

    druidh

  3. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > This appears to be another demon.local squabble. Frankly, I'd
    > appreciate it if you left it there where it belongs.

    Yep, me too. If you must set follow-ups, may I suggest dev.null? Or
    even one of the test groups?

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > This appears to be another demon.local squabble. Frankly, I'd
    > appreciate it if you left it there where it belongs.
    >

    > druidh

    What makes you think it belongs in d.l?
    Rooney is a regular here (even though it appears he doesn't do any
    walking) I also read this group so it has just as much reason to be here
    as d.l. think yourselves lucky I haven't responded to the dozen or so
    posts he's made in the last 24 hours. It seems Paul Rooney has lost the
    plot completely, he appears to have some serious mental health issues so
    making you guys aware of them could prevent problems if you ever invited
    him on a trip.
    --
    Craig Oldfield

  5. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    Thanks for you heads-up on Paul, but I guess there are risks associated
    with meeting anyone.

    druidh

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    druidh <[email protected]> writes
    >Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    >ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    And Paul hasn't posted here for nearly a month...

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  7. On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:38:28 +0000, Dominic Sexton
    <{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    |In article <[email protected]>,
    |druidh <[email protected]> writes
    |>Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    |>ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.
    |
    |And Paul hasn't posted here for nearly a month...

    Shame really, his posts here were mainly reasonable and On Topic.
    As I also subscribe to uk.local.yorkshire.* I spotted Paul's name as soon
    as he started posting here, but chose not to publicise his postings to
    other groups, in the hope that he could be enticed into the usenet
    mainstream.
    --
    Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Please quote, with quote
    character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    > ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    I'm not claiming they have but why should we in d.l put up with the
    abuse from somebody resident here, somebody who just wants to dump crap
    on another newsgroup?

    > Thanks for you heads-up on Paul, but I guess there are risks associated
    > with meeting anyone.

    Especially the obviously psychotic :)
    --
    Craig Oldfield

  9. In article <[email protected]>, {d-sep03}
    @dscs.demon.co.uk says...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > druidh <[email protected]> writes
    > >Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    > >ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    > And Paul hasn't posted here for nearly a month...

    He hadn't posted to d.l over the same period AFAIK, maybe he's been
    inside, or the medication increased.

    --
    Craig Oldfield

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]lid says...
    > On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:38:28 +0000, Dominic Sexton
    > <{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > |In article <[email protected]>,
    > |druidh <[email protected]> writes
    > |>Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    > |>ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.
    > |
    > |And Paul hasn't posted here for nearly a month...
    >
    > Shame really, his posts here were mainly reasonable and On Topic.
    > As I also subscribe to uk.local.yorkshire.* I spotted Paul's name as soon
    > as he started posting here, but chose not to publicise his postings to
    > other groups, in the hope that he could be enticed into the usenet
    > mainstream.

    Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal and
    a typical empty vessel.
    --
    Craig Oldfield

  11. In article <[email protected]>, Craig Oldfield
    <[email protected]> writes
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >[email protected] says...
    >> Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    >> ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    >I'm not claiming they have but why should we in d.l put up with the
    >abuse from somebody resident here,

    Resident here? Google reckons an author of rooney has made ~4800 posts
    here. For demon.local they reckon ~8600.

    Seems he is more resident in d.l than here.

    > somebody who just wants to dump crap
    >on another newsgroup?

    And you are doing what with the crap?

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  12. In article <[email protected]>, {d-sep03}
    @dscs.demon.co.uk says...

    > >I'm not claiming they have but why should we in d.l put up with the
    > >abuse from somebody resident here,

    > Resident here? Google reckons an author of rooney has made ~4800 posts
    > here. For demon.local they reckon ~8600.
    >
    > Seems he is more resident in d.l than here.

    No, it seems he just dumps crap in d.l, crossposts, cascades etc whereas
    here he attempts to converse so your assumption is incorrect.

    > > somebody who just wants to dump crap
    > >on another newsgroup?

    > And you are doing what with the crap?

    Making a point. Of course I could have sent all of his posts here, the
    fact that I didn't was out of respect to the group, a number of whom
    I've conversed with previously. Now I'm going to walk away (nearly on
    topic) :)
    --
    Craig Oldfield

  13. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Dominic Sexton <{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> wrote
    >In article <[email protected]>, Craig Oldfield
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >
    >> somebody who just wants to dump crap
    >>on another newsgroup?

    >And you are doing what with the crap?

    Crossposting it obviously, since I don't see any of Craig's posts
    directly. ;-)
    Seems to me it's not Rooney who's the problem for urw.....
    --
    Gordon Harris

  14. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Craig Oldfield wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >
    >>Thing is Craig, none of these dozen or so posts has appeared in this
    >>ng, and neither did the original post you were replying to.

    > I'm not claiming they have but why should we in d.l put up with the
    > abuse from somebody resident here, somebody who just wants to dump crap
    > on another newsgroup?
    >

    >>Thanks for you heads-up on Paul, but I guess there are risks associated
    >>with meeting anyone.

    > Especially the obviously psychotic :)

    Would that be him or you?

    druidh

  15. Geoff Berrow

    Geoff Berrow Guest

    contained the following:

    >Rooney is a regular here (even though it appears he doesn't do any
    >walking)

    Well he was until recently. But then he was pretty much being ignored
    as far as I could see.

    It's a course of action you would do well to emulate.

    --
    Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
    It's only Usenet, no one dies.

  16. On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:56:33 GMT, Craig Oldfield
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal

    Talking of net vandals, could someone with more knowledge than me
    decipher the headers and suggest where we should report Mr Oldfield's
    blatant abuse?

    S.

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state
    http://www.no2id.com/

  17. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:56:33 GMT, Craig Oldfield
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal

    > Talking of net vandals, could someone with more knowledge than me
    > decipher the headers and suggest where we should report Mr Oldfield's
    > blatant abuse?

    He joined us AFAIK from demon.local...

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  18. In article <[email protected]>, Simon Caldwell
    <[email protected]> writes
    >On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:56:33 GMT, Craig Oldfield
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal

    >Talking of net vandals, could someone with more knowledge than me
    >decipher the headers and suggest where we should report Mr Oldfield's
    >blatant abuse?

    Well if you really want to:

    That is NTL's netblock

    06:50:29 GMT)

    ntli.net is NTL Internet Ltd.

    So I expect

    http://bbplus.ntlworld.com/NetReport/index.php

    However Craig seems happy to have dropped it now so I doubt it is an
    ongoing problem.

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  19. Pedt

    Pedt Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, at 21:12:24
    on Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Fran <[email protected]> wibbled
    >[email protected] said...
    >> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:56:33 GMT, Craig Oldfield
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal

    >> Talking of net vandals, could someone with more knowledge than me
    >> decipher the headers and suggest where we should report Mr Oldfield's
    >> blatant abuse?
    >>

    >He joined us AFAIK from demon.local...

    Not really relevant as it happens. For example: I be found occasionally
    in ru.* and es.* but I don't live there...

    However, as Craig has posted into urw that no more of the posts by Paul
    Rooney into d.l will come urw's way, (and I've hinted elsewhere that it
    wasn't a particularly good idea to xpost this time into urw) and as I'd
    trust him to mean what he said, I'd suggest letting it die a death.

    --
    Pedt
    Cryptic Crossword Clues #10 (Round II)

  20. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:56:33 GMT, Craig Oldfield
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Unfortunately his actions simply demonstrate that he is a net vandal

    > Talking of net vandals, could someone with more knowledge than me
    > decipher the headers and suggest where we should report Mr Oldfield's
    > blatant abuse?
    >
    > S.

    Report me to ntlworld.com. when they've finished laughing at you, let me
    know, prat.
    --
    Craig Oldfield