Re: Which bike: Edinburgh Bicycle Trailfinder v Courier?

Stross

Guest
David Marsh wrote:
> I'm kinda torn between EBC's Trailfinder (£215) and their Courier (£245).

Between these two, I'd say it depends on your riding style. The
Trailfinder would be more comfortable (riser bars, wider tyres, a more
'sit up' position), at the expense of the speed you'd find on the Courier.

I've had a Courier for a few years now. It is my every day, every
weather commuter (being in Glasgow, Crud guards were fitted very
quickly), and I can only say good things about it[1]. It is as EBC claim
- quick, light, strong enough, simple. If I ever grow up and stop having
so much fun racing every car, bus and cyclist I meet every morning and
night, then that is the day I'll start to consider swapping it for
something more comfortable... like the Trailfinder.

Just my 2p worth.
Stross

[1] Ermm, except for the chain guide they fit to stop it jumping off the
chainring. Maybe they've changed it over the years, but the one fitted
to mine did not do it's job. Any kerb, pothole or flight of stairs taken
in a low gear would make the chain fall off between the chainring and
the guide. I replaced it with an N-Gear Jump Stop, although an old
derailleur (bodged to suit) could be made to do same.