"notbob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:ICqAd.277006$V41.212184@attbi_s52...
Quoted message said:John said:found that they make 3 different ones. I just want it for domestic use
and could anyone recommend which would be the most suitable & whyHere's my choice:
http://209.35.185.42/ShopSite/RH_Forschner_Victorinox_Cutlery_40040.html
This is a great knife. The radiused blade lets me cut large rounds like
San
Francisco Sourdough all the way through effortlessly. The concave-scallop
single-sided bevel takes a little practice to keep straight because it
wants
to cut at an angle. But, once I got the hang of it and learned how to
compensate it cuts perfectly straight and doesn't crush the bread. It's
the
first bread knife I've found that was good enough to finally replace my
50yr
old 10" Sheffield convex-scallop straight blade. Gave that to my daughter
with no regrets.nb
This looks like the one I just got my husband for Christmas. I chose it on
the recommendation of CVook's Illustrated magazine. Haven't tried it
yet...need to buy some crusty bread tomorrow...