Re: Why are people so RUDE at the grocery store???

kevin

Guest
Just witnessed an amazing incident.

We're walking out of Nob Hill Foods here on the SF Peninsula and this woman
is in the lot in front of us near the front entrance, pulling forward and
about to turn one of the angled slots right in front of the store, a coveted
parking position here.

Another woman, who is driving an Acura SUV, suddenly reverses out of the
regular slots back into the front of the lot and directly into the path of
the woman who is slowly advancing on the slot up front. The other woman
stops abruptly but the SUV just keeps coming, oblivious. She backs right
into the front of the first woman's Volvo, and then pulls forward and parks
in the slot she was about to take.

When the first lady gets out and approaches the woman who hit her as she
emerges from her SUV, the culprit screeches epithets and tells the injured
party to take a pill, then calls her a *****, gets a cart, and strolls on
into the store. My partner and I are standing two feet away from the
accident as it happens.

So you back into traffic abruptly, hit somebody, and then steal her parking
spot--and then call her a *****.

Special place in hell.

I try to shop during non-peak hours (e.g. Thursday evenings after 8
p.m. or Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m.). I've found it to be much more
pleasant than shopping during the peak periods.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:11:19 -0800, "kevin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just witnessed an amazing incident.

As witnesses to the "accident," did you call the police and stick around so
they could get your statement?

Carol

kevin wrote:

> So you back into traffic abruptly, hit somebody, and then steal her parking
> spot--and then call her a *****.
>
> Special place in hell.

Takes too long and you probably won't get to see it. Snipping off her
valve stems (electricians' pliera, commonsly known as dykes (or dikes),
are good for cutting more than wire) provides immediate gratification.

--
Cheers, Bev
(On going to war over religion:) "You're basically killing each other

kevin wrote:
> Just witnessed an amazing incident.
>
> We're walking out of Nob Hill Foods here on the SF Peninsula and this woman
> is in the lot in front of us near the front entrance, pulling forward and
> about to turn one of the angled slots right in front of the store, a coveted
> parking position here.
>
> Another woman, who is driving an Acura SUV, suddenly reverses out of the
> regular slots back into the front of the lot and directly into the path of
> the woman who is slowly advancing on the slot up front. The other woman
> stops abruptly but the SUV just keeps coming, oblivious. She backs right
> into the front of the first woman's Volvo, and then pulls forward and parks
> in the slot she was about to take.
>
> When the first lady gets out and approaches the woman who hit her as she
> emerges from her SUV, the culprit screeches epithets and tells the injured
> party to take a pill, then calls her a *****, gets a cart, and strolls on
> into the store. My partner and I are standing two feet away from the
> accident as it happens.
>
> So you back into traffic abruptly, hit somebody, and then steal her parking
> spot--and then call her a *****.
>
> Special place in hell.

Better yet, that's a hit-and-run and you can call the cops to drag her
out of the store.

Linda C.

In article <[email protected]>,
mslinda <[email protected]> wrote:

> Better yet, that's a hit-and-run and you can call the cops to drag her
> out of the store.
>
> Linda C.

Agreed. I've twice left notes on parked cars that I witnessed being hit
and left in parking lots. Why? Because it's happened to my car more
times than that, and I swore I would not let anyone get away with it if
I saw it happen.

[email protected] wrote:
|| I try to shop during non-peak hours (e.g. Thursday evenings after 8
|| p.m. or Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m.). I've found it to be much
|| more pleasant than shopping during the peak periods.

You get up THAT early...on a Sunday EVEN!!!! The
HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Civilization doesn't even start until NOON.

In article <[email protected]>,
"kevin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just witnessed an amazing incident.
>
> We're walking out of Nob Hill Foods here on the SF Peninsula and this woman
> is in the lot in front of us near the front entrance, pulling forward and
> about to turn one of the angled slots right in front of the store, a coveted
> parking position here.
>
> Another woman, who is driving an Acura SUV, suddenly reverses out of the
> regular slots back into the front of the lot and directly into the path of
> the woman who is slowly advancing on the slot up front. The other woman
> stops abruptly but the SUV just keeps coming, oblivious. She backs right
> into the front of the first woman's Volvo, and then pulls forward and parks
> in the slot she was about to take.
>
> When the first lady gets out and approaches the woman who hit her as she
> emerges from her SUV, the culprit screeches epithets and tells the injured
> party to take a pill, then calls her a *****, gets a cart, and strolls on
> into the store. My partner and I are standing two feet away from the
> accident as it happens.
>
> So you back into traffic abruptly, hit somebody, and then steal her parking
> spot--and then call her a *****.
>
> Special place in hell.

1. call the cops

and/or

2. let the air out of all the tires on the SUV

I've done the second option, and it's beautifully satisfying.

--
Erin A. S. Doherty
[email protected]