Re: Why are we getting posts on Mtn Biking on rec.bicycles.misc?

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Colorado Bicycler wrote:
>> Why are we getting posts (or is it cross posts) on Mtn Biking on
>> rec.bicycles.misc?
>>
>> Who is doing this?
>>
>> Go away and stop the posts, please. Especially the Vandemann stuff. I
>> thought I got away from him years ago.
>>

> I think most of the cross posting junk is compliments of E.D.
> But you are right it's really annoying.
> I try to filter it.
> But sometimes things slip through.

I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR. Once ARBR
recovers its' former health, I will stop with the cross posting. In the
meantime, bear with me.

However, is doesn't hurt the other cycling newsgroups to get in on this
issue of mountain biking on hiking trails. I think most of us are strictly
road cyclists, but there is a minority out there (mountain bikers) who are
ruining the trails for hikers.

Also, I am not sure what the value is of splitting up these cycling groups
into so many different ones. Very many topics cut across all cycling groups.
I think it is mainly the clubby types who want to keep things the way they
are. They like to dominate there own groups and do not want any interference
from outsiders. ARBR was full of these types too until I got rid of them.

RBS especially is sort of catch all cycling group I would say. The vast
majority of posts to this group are trivial beyond measure. They are
essentially mindless, fit only for idiots, morons and imbeciles. RBS needs
input from other groups which are not nearly so stupid as it. When a
newsgroup is reduced to nothing but greetings and other such nonsense, then
you know it has died and gone to hell. The clubby womanly types have taken
over. Like Somerset Maugham, I am not a clubable man.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR. Once ARBR
> recovers its' former health, I will stop with the cross posting. In the
> meantime, bear with me.
>
> However, is doesn't hurt the other cycling newsgroups to get in on this
> issue of mountain biking on hiking trails. I think most of us are strictly
> road cyclists, but there is a minority out there (mountain bikers) who are
> ruining the trails for hikers.
>
> Also, I am not sure what the value is of splitting up these cycling groups
> into so many different ones. Very many topics cut across all cycling groups.
> I think it is mainly the clubby types who want to keep things the way they
> are. They like to dominate there own groups and do not want any interference
> from outsiders. ARBR was full of these types too until I got rid of them.
>
> RBS especially is sort of catch all cycling group I would say. The vast
> majority of posts to this group are trivial beyond measure. They are
> essentially mindless, fit only for idiots, morons and imbeciles. RBS needs
> input from other groups which are not nearly so stupid as it. When a
> newsgroup is reduced to nothing but greetings and other such nonsense, then
> you know it has died and gone to hell. The clubby womanly types have taken
> over. Like Somerset Maugham, I am not a clubable man.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

It sure seems Mr. Ed is out to annoy people on all groups. I ride an MTB
both on the road and off the road on the sacred trails. My riding these
trails does no more to hurt them than walking would, but in past years I
have seen the damage a motorcycle could do. There is a world of
difference between a mountain bike skidding a locked rear and a
motorcycle throwing a rooster tail of dirt off the trail. Ed should know
the difference before he starts clogging up multiple groups.
Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Colorado Bicycler wrote:
>>
>>>Why are we getting posts (or is it cross posts) on Mtn Biking on
>>>rec.bicycles.misc?
>>>
>>>Who is doing this?
>>>
>>>Go away and stop the posts, please. Especially the Vandemann stuff. I
>>>thought I got away from him years ago.
>>>

>>I think most of the cross posting junk is compliments of E.D.
>>But you are right it's really annoying.
>>I try to filter it.
>>But sometimes things slip through.

> I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR.

You think people are going to return to your fred newsgroup because of
your trolling? Too funny. I'd hope even the freddiest of freds would
recognize your trolling for what it is and run like hell.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

Bill Baka wrote:
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR. Once
>> ARBR recovers its' former health, I will stop with the cross posting.
>> In the meantime, bear with me.
>>
>> However, is doesn't hurt the other cycling newsgroups to get in on
>> this issue of mountain biking on hiking trails. I think most of us are
>> strictly road cyclists, but there is a minority out there (mountain
>> bikers) who are ruining the trails for hikers.
>>
>> Also, I am not sure what the value is of splitting up these cycling
>> groups into so many different ones. Very many topics cut across all
>> cycling groups. I think it is mainly the clubby types who want to keep
>> things the way they are. They like to dominate there own groups and do
>> not want any interference from outsiders. ARBR was full of these types
>> too until I got rid of them.
>>
>> RBS especially is sort of catch all cycling group I would say. The
>> vast majority of posts to this group are trivial beyond measure. They
>> are essentially mindless, fit only for idiots, morons and imbeciles.
>> RBS needs input from other groups which are not nearly so stupid as
>> it. When a newsgroup is reduced to nothing but greetings and other
>> such nonsense, then you know it has died and gone to hell. The clubby
>> womanly types have taken over. Like Somerset Maugham, I am not a
>> clubable man.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>

> It sure seems Mr. Ed is out to annoy people on all groups. I ride an MTB
> both on the road and off the road on the sacred trails. My riding these
> trails does no more to hurt them than walking would, but in past years I
> have seen the damage a motorcycle could do. There is a world of
> difference between a mountain bike skidding a locked rear and a
> motorcycle throwing a rooster tail of dirt off the trail. Ed should know
> the difference before he starts clogging up multiple groups.
> Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
> Bill Baka

I don't mind cross posting, as long as it is cycling related. But the
problem is that A LOT of what E.D. cross posts is pure dribble. I often
wonder if E.D. actually rides or just pretends that he does. I have yet
to see a posting about any riding he does. Perhaps if I searched the
archives, but that would require effort, which I don't think is a worthy
expenditure of my energy.

Ken
--
New cycling jersey: $49
new cycling shorts: $39

contact me here: http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/contact.html

Bill Baka wrote:
> Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.

It started with a mindless dolt who goes by "ed dolan the grape" or
something like that.

JD

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:21:08 -0700, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ed should know
>the difference before he starts clogging up multiple groups.
>Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
>Bill Baka

When Mr. Ed posts his inevitable follow up he would 'restore' all the
groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional
comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in
each follow-up. At least this way the people who are very bothered by
him (and have employed filters) won't see him quoted in additional
posts from me.

I have no objection to limited cross posting, if on topic and not
spam. Going against an original poster's intent and high-jacking
threads does not really seem appropriate, however. Seems more the
action of a 'criminal vandal troll' type.

ARBR used to populated and lively, one occassionally still sees an
on-topic post of two, but the invectiveness of a few have rendered
that group rather uninhabited.

Indiana Mike

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:21:08 -0700, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ed should know
>>the difference before he starts clogging up multiple groups.
>>Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
>>Bill Baka

> When Mr. Ed [Edward Dolan] posts his inevitable follow up he would
> 'restore' all the
> groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
> any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional
> comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in
> each follow-up. At least this way the people who are very bothered by
> him (and have employed filters) won't see him quoted in additional
> posts from me.

Mike Rice will have to get up awfully early in the morning to outwit the
Great Ed Dolan, He can post to whatever newsgroups he wants and he can edit
however he pleases - and I shall do the same. Mike Rice mainly wants to be
as inoffensive as possible. I don't care about being inoffensive, but I do
care about being interesting. Maybe Mike Rice could learn something by
reading my messages with a more open mind. The only sin on Usenet is to be
dull.

> I have no objection to limited cross posting, if on topic and not
> spam. Going against an original poster's intent and high-jacking
> threads does not really seem appropriate, however. Seems more the
> action of a 'criminal vandal troll' type.

Others are responding to what has gone before on other threads and when that
is the case I will restore the original newsgroups so as to preserve some
continuity. But in any event, my messages are for one and all, not a select
clubby few.

> ARBR used to populated and lively, one occassionally still sees an
> on-topic post of two, but the invectiveness of a few have rendered
> that group rather uninhabited.

ARBR was destroyed by a criminal vandal troll a couple of winters ago.
Members like Mike Rice never did one damn thing to prevent the destruction.
I could care less what he thinks about ARBR the way it is now. He was out to
lunch with most of the members when it needed defending. Only I and a few
others had the guts to take on the criminal vandal troll. If ARBR is a
graveyard now, it is thanks to guys like Mike Rice.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR. Once ARBR
>> recovers its' former health, I will stop with the cross posting. In the
>> meantime, bear with me.
>>
>> However, is doesn't hurt the other cycling newsgroups to get in on this
>> issue of mountain biking on hiking trails. I think most of us are
>> strictly road cyclists, but there is a minority out there (mountain
>> bikers) who are ruining the trails for hikers.
>>
>> Also, I am not sure what the value is of splitting up these cycling
>> groups into so many different ones. Very many topics cut across all
>> cycling groups. I think it is mainly the clubby types who want to keep
>> things the way they are. They like to dominate there own groups and do
>> not want any interference from outsiders. ARBR was full of these types
>> too until I got rid of them.
>>
>> RBS especially is sort of catch all cycling group I would say. The vast
>> majority of posts to this group are trivial beyond measure. They are
>> essentially mindless, fit only for idiots, morons and imbeciles. RBS
>> needs input from other groups which are not nearly so stupid as it. When
>> a newsgroup is reduced to nothing but greetings and other such nonsense,
>> then you know it has died and gone to hell. The clubby womanly types have
>> taken over. Like Somerset Maugham, I am not a clubable man.

> It sure seems Mr. Ed is out to annoy people on all groups. I ride an MTB
> both on the road and off the road on the sacred trails. My riding these
> trails does no more to hurt them than walking would, but in past years I
> have seen the damage a motorcycle could do. There is a world of difference
> between a mountain bike skidding a locked rear and a motorcycle throwing a
> rooster tail of dirt off the trail. Ed should know the difference before
> he starts clogging up multiple groups.
> Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
> Bill Baka

Old Bill Baka is certainly right about the harm that a motorcycle can do to
the terrain, but even though bike riders do not do as much damage, they
still annoy by just being on the trail with hikers. It disturbs my peace of
mind to see, hear or even know of a cyclist on a hiking trail. Cyclists need
to get their own tails because the peace of mind of Ed Dolan the Great is
paramount.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

[newsgroups restored]

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Mike Rice <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> When Mr. Ed posts his inevitable follow up he would 'restore' all the
>> groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
>> any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> each follow-up.

> {\shrill_sam_kinnison_mode
> So ... DON'T MAKE OCCAISONAL COMMENTS REGARDING HIM!
> }
>
> He contributes nothing worthy of any comment anyways.
>
> Having destroyed a.r.b.r, he's now set his malevolent sights on
> r.b.m, and cross-posting MV **** from r.b.s is his latest tactic.
> It's so bloody obvious that this cretin takes perverse, depraved
> delight in trying to destroy newsgroups!
>
> Killfiles and sending Ed Dolan to Coventry are the answer. Since
> you are inclined to encourage the perineal feature known as Ed
> Dolan, I've had to add "Mike Rice" to my own killfile.

Tom Keats ought to kill file himself since he is one of the dumbest jerks to
ever infest any cycling newsgroup. But maybe he is just a typical Canadian
that way. Why doesn't he limit his posting to that cycling group there in BC
instead of bothering us intelligent types. Surely an idiot like him would be
happiest there with that other idiot known as Disco Duck - provided he does
not mind discussing for all eternity how unsafe bicycle helmets are.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:21:08 -0700, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Ed should know
>>>the difference before he starts clogging up multiple groups.
>>>Sorry for the cross posting but I don't know where this started.
>>>Bill Baka

>>When Mr. Ed [Edward Dolan] posts his inevitable follow up he would
>>'restore' all the
>>groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
>>any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional
>>comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in
>>each follow-up. At least this way the people who are very bothered by
>>him (and have employed filters) won't see him quoted in additional
>>posts from me.

> Mike Rice will have to get up awfully early in the morning to outwit the
> Great Ed Dolan, He can post to whatever newsgroups he wants and he can edit
> however he pleases - and I shall do the same. Mike Rice mainly wants to be
> as inoffensive as possible. I don't care about being inoffensive, but I do
> care about being interesting.

You may care about it but you are failing miserably at being interesting.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter

I just block those types of posters. Now I am headache free.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> [newsgroups restored]
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Mike Rice <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> When Mr. Ed posts his inevitable follow up he would 'restore' all the
>>> groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
>>> any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> each follow-up.

>> {\shrill_sam_kinnison_mode
>> So ... DON'T MAKE OCCAISONAL COMMENTS REGARDING HIM!
>> }
>>
>> He contributes nothing worthy of any comment anyways.
>>
>> Having destroyed a.r.b.r, he's now set his malevolent sights on
>> r.b.m, and cross-posting MV **** from r.b.s is his latest tactic.
>> It's so bloody obvious that this cretin takes perverse, depraved
>> delight in trying to destroy newsgroups!
>>
>> Killfiles and sending Ed Dolan to Coventry are the answer. Since
>> you are inclined to encourage the perineal feature known as Ed
>> Dolan, I've had to add "Mike Rice" to my own killfile.

> Tom Keats ought to kill file himself since he is one of the dumbest jerks
> to ever infest any cycling newsgroup. But maybe he is just a typical
> Canadian that way. Why doesn't he limit his posting to that cycling group
> there in BC instead of bothering us intelligent types. Surely an idiot
> like him would be happiest there with that other idiot known as Disco
> Duck - provided he does not mind discussing for all eternity how unsafe
> bicycle helmets are.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>>When Mr. Ed [Edward Dolan] posts his inevitable follow up he would
>>>'restore' all the
>>>groups anyway. Nothing is more important to him than the final post to
>>>any thread in which he is involved. I try to limit my occasional
>>>comment regarding him to ARBR, but he 'restores' the cross-posting in
>>>each follow-up. At least this way the people who are very bothered by
>>>him (and have employed filters) won't see him quoted in additional
>>>posts from me.

>> Mike Rice will have to get up awfully early in the morning to outwit the
>> Great Ed Dolan, He can post to whatever newsgroups he wants and he can
>> edit however he pleases - and I shall do the same. Mike Rice mainly wants
>> to be as inoffensive as possible. I don't care about being inoffensive,
>> but I do care about being interesting.

> You may care about it but you are failing miserably at being interesting.

I don't believe I have ever posted a single message to any newsgroup that
was not without some point of interest. I make damn sure of that. Of course,
you have to be highly educated with a refined mind to note those points of
interest. Lesser, inferior minds (like yours) are lost in the realms of
intellect in which I reside. My Greatness is only for kindred spirits who
are at least halfway to Greatness themselves. This lets you out.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>>I think most of the cross posting junk is compliments of E.D.
>>>But you are right it's really annoying.
>>>I try to filter it.
>>>But sometimes things slip through.

>> I am only doing this temporarily with the hope of saving ARBR.

> You think people are going to return to your fred newsgroup because of
> your trolling? Too funny. I'd hope even the freddiest of freds would
> recognize your trolling for what it is and run like hell.
>
> Greg

What is with this Fred ****? Some of the fastest cyclists I know are
recumbent cyclists. And some of the slowest cyclists I know are upright
cyclists. But hey, you are certainly right about one thing - jerks are jerks
and there is never anything that can be done about that. G.T. (Greg) needs
to get up to speed himself on what makes cyclists tick and most especially
on what makes a newsgroup tick. One thing is for sure - it is not types like
him who seem not to know their ass from a hole in the ground. Greg needs to
get a few clues himself if you ask me.

> "All my time I spent in heaven
> Revelries of dance and wine
> Waking to the sound of laughter
> Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons

What the f*** is the above? Some disgusting lyric to a rock song? The Great
Ed Dolan has never laughed in his entire life nor has he ever danced.
However, he has reveled in wine somewhat from time to time.

Greg needs to get a life and stop feeding off the Great Ed Dolan. Yea, I am
Great , but I am not inexhaustible.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

If You are talking about TopPoster from van.forsale?
Then yes. I am hassle free. ; )

> "smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>I just block those types of posters. Now I am headache free.

> Do you also block top-posters?
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky
> http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
> See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

Oh I guess you mean posting on top of a reply. I do not trust or expect
people to go to the end of long posts so I just quote and top post instead
of end post.
Nothing wrong with that I hope. It is not a superiority thing at all.

Cheers
smn

Claire Petersky wrote:
> "smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I just block those types of posters. Now I am headache free.

> Do you also block top-posters?

NICE!

<eg>

> "smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>I just block those types of posters. Now I am headache free.

> Do you also block top-posters?

There is no point in blocking anyone for anything. What good does it do to
block top-posters when you know they are persisting in their idiocies
regardless. No, it is far, far better to take them to the wood shed for a
good sound whipping. That is what I am here for. Every newsgroup needs
someone like me who is an expert in telling such scofflaws where to get off.

Reagrds,

> Oh I guess you mean posting on top of a reply. I do not trust or expect
> people to go to the end of long posts so I just quote and top post instead
> of end post.

You're wrong. It's frustrating to go to the end of a very long post, see
that you've neither edited anything nor added anything, then realize that
you just added one line at the top.

> Nothing wrong with that I hope.

This article pretty much deals with the topic comprehensively:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting. In-line replies are what are
considered standard and polite in newsgroups. If you top-post as you have
been, you may find yourself kill-filed by others.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

"smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

> Oh I guess you mean posting on top of a reply. I do not trust or expect
> people to go to the end of long posts so I just quote and top post instead
> of end post.
> Nothing wrong with that I hope. It is not a superiority thing at all.

Yes, there is everything wrong with it but you are obviously way too stupid
for me to waste any time and effort on explaining it. Please go down to your
basement and blow your freaking brains out. Use a shot gun so you won't
miss.