Re: Why are we getting posts on Mtn Biking on rec.bicycles.misc?

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 19 Jun 2006 11:41:19 GMT, Chris Foster
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>

>>> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Both Vandeman and I have noticed this penchant for dragging in a
>>> totally unrelated topic and than somehow equating it with what has
>>> gone before. My post above was all about comparing walking with
>>> cycling on trails in the wilderness. Your reference is completely
>>> off the board and is nowhere. What does killing have to do with how
>>> we use trails? Very funny that you can't see this.
>>>
>>> Your comment above makes me want to talk about the confounded
>>> Eskimo, one of my favorite subjects, but I do not see what it would
>>> have to do with the topic.
>>>

>>I will spell it out for you. Simply because man has been doing
>>something "for thousands of years" does not make it right. Man has
>>been walking "for thousands of years". Man has been killing one
>>another "for thousands of years".
>>
>>Just because the activity has been occurring "for thousands of years"
>>doesn't give that activity priority over any other activity.
>>
>>In a couple of thousand years, mountain bikers will be saying "we have
>>been doing it "for thousands of years" take your anti-gravity craft
>>back to the city/road where they belong"
>>
>>Also, try to remember, I am not a mountain biker. I am a roadie, a
>>hiker, and a back packer.
>>
>>There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
>>person riding their mountain bike off-road, then it is your
>>responsibility to report it and possibly help prosecute that
>>individual to the fullest extent of the law.
>>
>>On the other hand, if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is
>>disturbs you, tough! Get over it.

> What you are saying is that whatever a land manager decides is right.
> That is pure BS, as you well know. It is quite legal to drink yourself
> to death, but not well advised. It is legal to destroy wildlife and
> wildlife habitat, but that is only because humans are incredibly
> selfish and short-sighted. The same goes for mountain biking. Only an
> utter FOOL would endorse a destructive, extreme sport like that.

Where did I endorse mountain biking?

Only an utter fool would twist the TRUTH to suite his delusions

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>

>> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Man has also been killing one another for thousands of years, does
>>> that make it right??

>> Both Vandeman and I have noticed this penchant for dragging in a
>> totally unrelated topic and than somehow equating it with what has
>> gone before. My post above was all about comparing walking with
>> cycling on trails in the wilderness. Your reference is completely off
>> the board and is nowhere. What does killing have to do with how we use
>> trails? Very funny that you can't see this.
>>
>> Your comment above makes me want to talk about the confounded Eskimo,
>> one of my favorite subjects, but I do not see what it would have to do
>> with the topic.
>>

>I will spell it out for you. Simply because man has been doing
>something "for thousands of years" does not make it right. Man has been
>walking "for thousands of years". Man has been killing one another "for
>thousands of years".
>
>Just because the activity has been occurring "for thousands of years"
>doesn't give that activity priority over any other activity.
>
>In a couple of thousand years, mountain bikers will be saying "we have
>been doing it "for thousands of years" take your anti-gravity craft back
>to the city/road where they belong"
>
>Also, try to remember, I am not a mountain biker. I am a roadie, a
>hiker, and a back packer.
>
>There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
>person riding their mountain bike off-road, then it is your
>responsibility to report it and possibly help prosecute that individual
>to the fullest extent of the law.
>
>On the other hand, if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is
>disturbs you, tough! Get over it.

What you are saying is that whatever a land manager decides is right.
That is pure BS, as you well know. It is quite legal to drink yourself
to death, but not well advised. It is legal to destroy wildlife and
wildlife habitat, but that is only because humans are incredibly
selfish and short-sighted. The same goes for mountain biking. Only an
utter FOOL would endorse a destructive, extreme sport like that.

Find a place where off-road cycling is
>not allowed and walk there.
>

>Chris Foster
>Colorado Native.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 19 Jun 2006 13:45:52 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 19 Jun 2006 13:45:52 GMT, Chris Foster
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> What you are saying is that whatever a land manager decides is right.
>>> That is pure BS, as you well know. It is quite legal to drink yourself
>>> to death, but not well advised. It is legal to destroy wildlife and
>>> wildlife habitat, but that is only because humans are incredibly
>>> selfish and short-sighted. The same goes for mountain biking. Only an
>>> utter FOOL would endorse a destructive, extreme sport like that.
>>>

>>Where did I endorse mountain biking?

> "if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is disturbs you,

I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking. You love to twist things
around to suite your delusions.

I also stated;

There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
person riding their mountain bike off-road "in a place where it is not
allowed", then it is your responsibility to report it and possibly help
prosecute that individual to the fullest extent of the law.

How come you didn't ***** about that?

>>Only an utter fool would twist the TRUTH to suite his delusions
>>

>>> Find a place where off-road cycling is

>>> ===
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Ahhhhh Blow Me

> "smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
>
>> Besides the question was why is this being cross posted. Quit it
>> whoever started it.
>> You are all crazy

> The Great Ed Dolan never quits anything - ever! It is a constant
> delight and a joy forever for me to take nuts and screwballs like you
> to the woodshed for a good sound whipping. How else would a blockhead
> like you ever learn anything?
>
> Either post right or begone!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>

>> "smn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> Oh I guess you mean posting on top of a reply. I do not trust or
>>> expect people to go to the end of long posts so I just quote and top
>>> post instead of end post.
>>> Nothing wrong with that I hope. It is not a superiority thing at
>>> all.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> smn
>>>
>>> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 20 Jun 2006 11:28:08 GMT, Chris Foster
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> "if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is disturbs you,
>>> tough! Get over it"
>>>

>>I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking. You love to twist
>>things around to suite your delusions.
>>

>>I also stated;
>>
>>There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
>>person riding their mountain bike off-road "in a place where it is not
>>allowed", then it is your responsibility to report it and possibly
>>help prosecute that individual to the fullest extent of the law.
>>

>>How come you didn't ***** about that?

>>> ===
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
>>>

> "I have wasted my time discussing anything intelligent with you and I
> will no longer do so. " You just LIED. Why are you STILL "wasting your
> time"? You can't even listen to YOURSELF!

You are right, I screwed up. I am STILL wating my time trying to have
an intelligent conversation with you

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 20 Jun 2006 11:28:08 GMT, Chris Foster
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> "if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is disturbs you,
>>> tough! Get over it"
>>>

>>I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking.

> BS. That is a clear endorsement of mountain biking.

Hey FOOL, was endorsing LAW ENFORCEMENT, not Mountain Biking. Now you
are tring to tell me what I was thinking. Up the Meds Mikey

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 19 Jun 2006 13:45:52 GMT, Chris Foster
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Where did I endorse mountain biking?

>> "if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is disturbs you,
>> tough! Get over it"
>>

>I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking. You love to twist things
>around to suite your delusions.
>

>I also stated;
>
>There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
>person riding their mountain bike off-road "in a place where it is not
>allowed", then it is your responsibility to report it and possibly help
>prosecute that individual to the fullest extent of the law.
>

>How come you didn't ***** about that?
>

>>>Only an utter fool would twist the TRUTH to suite his delusions

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"I have wasted my time discussing anything intelligent with you and I
will no longer do so. " You just LIED. Why are you STILL "wasting your
time"? You can't even listen to YOURSELF!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:

>>>I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking.

>> BS. That is a clear endorsement of mountain biking.

> Hey FOOL, was endorsing LAW ENFORCEMENT, not Mountain Biking. Now you
> are tring to tell me what I was thinking. Up the Meds Mikey

Don't worry, CF - Everyone else gets it. Ole Vandy just tried his old
"context splitting" tactic again to focus only on one phrase.
"Also, try to remember, I am not a mountain biker. I am a roadie, a hiker,
and a back packer.
There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a person
riding their mountain bike off-road, then it is your responsibility to
report it and possibly help prosecute that individual to the fullest extent
of the law.
On the other hand, if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is
disturbs you, tough! Get over it."

The entire context is clear and Ole Vandy is picking at nits.

Good stuff, CF.

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:

>>>I endorsed law enforcment, not mountain biking.

>> BS. That is a clear endorsement of mountain biking.

> Hey FOOL, was endorsing LAW ENFORCEMENT, not Mountain Biking. Now you
> are tring to tell me what I was thinking. Up the Meds Mikey

Don't worry, CF - Everyone else gets it. Ole Vandy just tried his old
"context splitting" tactic again to focus only on one phrase.
"Also, try to remember, I am not a mountain biker. I am a roadie, a hiker,
and a back packer.
There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a person
riding their mountain bike off-road, then it is your responsibility to
report it and possibly help prosecute that individual to the fullest extent
of the law.
On the other hand, if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and is
disturbs you, tough! Get over it."

The entire context is clear and Ole Vandy is picking at nits.

Good stuff, CF.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Both Vandeman and I have noticed this penchant for dragging in a
>>> totally unrelated topic and than somehow equating it with what has
>>> gone before. My post above was all about comparing walking with
>>> cycling on trails in the wilderness. Your reference is completely
>>> off the board and is nowhere. What does killing have to do with how
>>> we use trails? Very funny that you can't see this.
>>>
>>> Your comment above makes me want to talk about the confounded
>>> Eskimo, one of my favorite subjects, but I do not see what it would
>>> have to do with the topic.
>>>

>> I will spell it out for you. Simply because man has been doing
>> something "for thousands of years" does not make it right. Man has
>> been walking "for thousands of years". Man has been killing one
>> another "for thousands of years".

> You cannot equate walking for thousands of years with killing for
> thousands of years. One is natural and the other is perverse.

Really? Which one is the "perverse" activity? Ask the same question to
ANY animal. Killing another animal for food is as natural as anything
else. Are you really this stupid, or do you just play a fool on the NG?

>> Just because the activity has been occurring "for thousands of years"
>> doesn't give that activity priority over any other activity.

> Yes, it does, depending on what is considered natural and what is
> considered perverse.

Your understanding of nature is certainly perverse, or your lack of
understanding, should I say

>> In a couple of thousand years, mountain bikers will be saying "we
>> have been doing it "for thousands of years" take your anti-gravity
>> craft back to the city/road where they belong"

> In a thousand years, there will be no natural space left on this earth
> for anyone to do anything. The entire face of the earth will look like
> the Ganges Valley of India. Elementary my dear Watson!

How do you know? You see the future? Oh come on.

> But back to my maine point:
>
> "Both Vandeman and I have noticed this penchant for dragging in a
> totally unrelated topic and than somehow equating it with what has
> gone before. My post above was all about comparing walking with
> cycling on trails in the wilderness. Your reference is completely off
> the board and is nowhere. What does killing have to do with how we use
> trails? Very funny that you can't see this." - Ed Dolan
>
>> Also, try to remember, I am not a mountain biker. I am a roadie, a
>> hiker, and a back packer.
>>
>> There are places where mountain biking is not allowed. If you see a
>> person riding their mountain bike off-road, then it is your
>> responsibility to report it and possibly help prosecute that
>> individual to the fullest extent of the law.
>>
>> On the other hand, if mountain biking is allowed on that trail, and
>> is disturbs you, tough! Get over it. Find a place where off-road
>> cycling is not allowed and walk there.

> We need to get mountain bikes banned from most hiking trails. Vandeman
> is right as rain and Foster is out to lunch as usual.

Hey Eddie,
I just came bace from lunch, oh man, was it good. Little Mexican
joint with the best burritos and margaritas. My wife meet me up there,
we had a great time, thanks for thinking of me.

I hike or backpack Colorado backcontry almost every weekend. I have
been doing it for almost all of my life (minus the 6 years I spent in the
Marine Corps). I love it here, it is a very special place.

I rarely see a mountain biker in the back country. When I do, in 99%
of the cases thay were polite and respectiful. I have NEVER seen a
Mountain biker in RMNP (Where they are not allowed). If I did, I would
report them to the rangers and make sure they paid a fine or something.

Basicly, what I am telling you is: You have no idea what you are
talking about. There is not an issue with mountain bikers here in
Colorado. Maybe there is a problem where you hike and pack (i.e. In the
subdivions in Minnesota) but not here.

Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do something
to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them on a
website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.

What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:

[...]
> [...]

>> something.
>>
>> Basicly, what I am telling you is: You have no idea what you are
>> talking about. There is not an issue with mountain bikers here in
>> Colorado. Maybe there is a problem where you hike and pack (i.e. In
>> the subdivions in Minnesota) but not here.

> You will see lots of mountain bikers on the lowland hiking trails
> around Aspen. Of course national parks and state parks are going to
> have perfect control over their trails, but that is not the case in
> the national forests.
>
>> Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do
>> something
>> to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them
>> on a website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.
>>
>> What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

> You defend mountain bikers on hiking trails. That is all Vandeman and

I'm not even going to discuss the other bull that you typed up above,
simply not worth my time. But the line above is something I need to
respond to.

If it is legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then so
be it. The mountain biker should have fun without harassment from people
like you. If I do see people harassing a mountain biker in an area where
it is legal, I will report them to the ranger and help prosecute if
needed.

If it is NOT legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then
nobody should. If I see someone riding in an area that then shouldn't, I
will report them to the rangers and help prosecute if needed.

If you like, I will use smaller words, single syllable words if
necessary so that you get the idea.

> [...]

control over their trails, but that is not the case in the national forests.

> Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do something
> to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them on a
> website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.
>
> What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

You defend mountain bikers on hiking trails. That is all Vandeman and I ever
have to know about you.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. These threads having to do with mountain bikes on hiking trails should
no longer be posted to ARBR and RBM where they are not wanted. I will see
them on RBS.

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in

[...]
>> You defend mountain bikers on hiking trails. That is all Vandeman and
>> I ever have to know about you.

> I'm not even going to discuss the other bull that you typed up above,
> simply not worth my time. But the line above is something I need to
> respond to.

No one can even approach my genius when it comes to off topic bull. I
attribute this to my liberal arts education and my very extensive reading
of the world's literature. Of course, it helps not to have a wife and kids
hanging around your neck like a millstone. But now I know I have lost you
and so I will not burden you further with my freedoms. I know with you it is
all about work ... and duty ... and other crapola like that.

> If it is legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then so
> be it. The mountain biker should have fun without harassment from people
> like you. If I do see people harassing a mountain biker in an area where
> it is legal, I will report them to the ranger and help prosecute if
> needed.

It would never even occur to me to harass any other person on a trail for
any reason whatsoever. You live out there in the mountains so that is
something you can and should do. I am from Minnesota and when I am hiking in
Colorado I do not have the time nor inclination to mess around with stupid
people.

> If it is NOT legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then
> nobody should. If I see someone riding in an area that then shouldn't, I
> will report them to the rangers and help prosecute if needed.
>
> If you like, I will use smaller words, single syllable words if
> necessary so that you get the idea.

You need to say that you do not think it is a good idea for mountain bikers
to be riding their bikes on hiking trails -period! Until you say that I will
hold everything else you say against you. Decide which side you want to get
on in this ongoing argument.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On 20 Jun 2006 18:40:23 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

>Marine Corps). I love it here, it is a very special place.
>
> I rarely see a mountain biker in the back country. When I do, in 99%
>of the cases thay were polite and respectiful. I have NEVER seen a
>Mountain biker in RMNP (Where they are not allowed). If I did, I would
>report them to the rangers and make sure they paid a fine or something.
>
> Basicly, what I am telling you is: You have no idea what you are
>talking about. There is not an issue with mountain bikers here in
>Colorado. Maybe there is a problem where you hike and pack (i.e. In the
>subdivions in Minnesota) but not here.
>
> Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do something
>to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them on a
>website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.
>
> What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

Too bad not everyone can be as bigoted and belligerent as you, huh?
It's NO ACCIDENT that Littleton is in Colorado!

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 20 Jun 2006 20:27:15 GMT, Chris Foster
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

>> You will see lots of mountain bikers on the lowland hiking trails
>> around Aspen. Of course national parks and state parks are going to
>> have perfect control over their trails, but that is not the case in
>> the national forests.
>>
>>> Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do
>>> something
>>> to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them
>>> on a website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.
>>>
>>> What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

>> You defend mountain bikers on hiking trails. That is all Vandeman and
>> I ever have to know about you.

> I'm not even going to discuss the other bull that you typed up above,
>simply not worth my time. But the line above is something I need to
>respond to.
>
> If it is legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then so

Obviously, it is possible to get a Ph.d. in electrical engineering
without taking a single course in biology. You think that the law is
all that matters, and that wildlife and the environment DON'T matter!
From there on, everything about you is downhill.

The mountain biker should have fun without harassment from people
>like you. If I do see people harassing a mountain biker in an area where
>it is legal, I will report them to the ranger and help prosecute if
>needed.
>
> If it is NOT legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then
>nobody should. If I see someone riding in an area that then shouldn't, I
>will report them to the rangers and help prosecute if needed.
>
> If you like, I will use smaller words, single syllable words if
>necessary so that you get the idea.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>
>> PS. These threads having to do with mountain bikes on hiking trails
>> should no longer be posted to ARBR and RBM where they are not wanted.
>> I will see them on RBS.

===

> [...]

>>of the cases thay were polite and respectiful. I have NEVER seen a
>>Mountain biker in RMNP (Where they are not allowed). If I did, I
>>would report them to the rangers and make sure they paid a fine or
>>something.
>>
>> Basicly, what I am telling you is: You have no idea what you are
>>talking about. There is not an issue with mountain bikers here in
>>Colorado. Maybe there is a problem where you hike and pack (i.e. In
>>the subdivions in Minnesota) but not here.
>>
>> Vandy needs to focus on the bigger picture and actually do
>> something
>>to make a difference. Writing paper that nobody reads, posting them
>>on a website that nobody visits, ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.
>>
>> What little I know about you, is equally disturbing as Vandy.

> Too bad not everyone can be as bigoted and belligerent as you, huh?
> It's NO ACCIDENT that Littleton is in Colorado!

Hey Vandy,
How is Yukiko???

It's no accident that San Diego is in California!

I am very belligerent when it comes to the law. If it is legal to
ride a mountain bike in a particular area, and it disturbs you and Conan
the Librarian, TOUGH! Get over it. If it NOT legal to ride in a
particular area, and I see somebody riding there, I will report them and
help prosecute

I am very bigoted when it comes to narrow minded idiots like you and
Conan the Librarian. I do not care one little bit about you and your
OPINIONs

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>> aka
>>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>>

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

> [...]
>>> You defend mountain bikers on hiking trails. That is all Vandeman
>>> and I ever have to know about you.

>> I'm not even going to discuss the other bull that you typed up
>> above,
>> simply not worth my time. But the line above is something I need to
>> respond to.

> No one can even approach my genius when it comes to off topic bull. I
> attribute this to my liberal arts education and my very extensive
> reading of the world's literature. Of course, it helps not to have a
> wife and kids hanging around your neck like a millstone. But now I
> know I have lost you and so I will not burden you further with my
> freedoms. I know with you it is all about work ... and duty ... and
> other crapola like that.
>
> > If it is legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area, then
> > so
>> be it. The mountain biker should have fun without harassment from
>> people like you. If I do see people harassing a mountain biker in an
>> area where it is legal, I will report them to the ranger and help
>> prosecute if needed.

> It would never even occur to me to harass any other person on a trail
> for any reason whatsoever. You live out there in the mountains so that
> is something you can and should do. I am from Minnesota and when I am
> hiking in Colorado I do not have the time nor inclination to mess
> around with stupid people.
>
>> If it is NOT legal to ride a mountain bike in a particular area,
>> then
>> nobody should. If I see someone riding in an area that then
>> shouldn't, I will report them to the rangers and help prosecute if
>> needed.
>>
>> If you like, I will use smaller words, single syllable words
>> if
>> necessary so that you get the idea.

> You need to say that you do not think it is a good idea for mountain
> bikers to be riding their bikes on hiking trails -period! Until you
> say that I will hold everything else you say against you. Decide which
> side you want to get on in this ongoing argument.

I don't give a rat's ass that "will hold everything else you say against
you"

Your OPINIONS mean nothing to me. People will continue to do what they
want, within the boundaries of the law. The ones that break the law will
eventually be caught.

If you truly want to accomplish something, get the laws changed to
coincide with your views. What that entails is getting a majority of the
people to see the world from your point of view.

As my grandfather said many times "You catch my flies with honey than you
do with vinegar". You and Vandy only spew vinegar. You will convince
nobody of your point of view, and it will continue to be legal to ride
mountain bikes where it is now. *****ing about it in a News Group
accomplishes nothing.

Attending local city/county Council/Planning and Zoning Meetings,
convincing your Alderman/Councilmen/Congressmen is a much better use of
your time.

My goal is to make it safer to ride a bicycle in this area. Since I ride
the roads, I want the existing roads to have designated bicycle lanes.
If the road is wide enough, I want the entity to simply "strip the road"
for a bike lane. If the road is not wide enough, I want the entity
(City, County, or State) to widen the road enough to add a bike lane. I
attend almost all the Weld/Boulder County Council meetings. I attend
many of the City Council meetings in this area. I write my Congressmen,
and ask for additional funding. The point of all this is to give you an
example of what working inside the system can accomplish. *****ing about
"your precious hiking trails" in a NG is a waste of time. You just
stiffen resistance that opposes your opinion