Re: Why are we getting posts on Mtn Biking on rec.bicycles.misc?

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Chris Z The Wheelman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Misc. stands for miscellaneous. IOW anything bicycle related. Mountain
> bikes, last i heard were still considered bicycles

The real complaint is the content of the posts, not where they are coming
from. I do not think those on RBM are much interested in the discussion of
mountain bikes on hiking trails and so there is justification for the
complaint. However, this will soon pass and be forgotten along with
everything else that ever appears on a newsgroup.

However, I believe I will discontinue these mountain bike posts to RBM. ARBR
will continue to get them until that group revives and becomes healthy on
its' own. RBM is a perfectly healthy group (even though also a perfectly
idiotic group) so it does not need any input from other groups.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Chris Neary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Edward Dolan wrote:

> >However, I believe I will discontinue these mountain bike posts to RBM.
> >ARBR
>>will continue to get them until that group revives and becomes healthy on
>>its' own.

> This sounds like the Usenet equivalent of curing a patient by applying
> leaches.....

When a newsgroup is very small it does not hurt it to get some input from
other newsgroups. RBM is a very large newsgroup and does not need any input
from other groups. Usenet is littered with dead newsgroups because they were
too small to begin with and would not tolerate any outside input. I do not
want to see ARBR go belly up, at least not just yet.