Re: Why isn't there 'Sharing the Road with Bicyclists' on DMV Papers?

Michael J Rodney Sr.

Guest
Florida's DMV handbook describes a bicycle as being a legitimate vehicle.
Although not covered in expansive detail, there are a few paragraphs that
cover the duties of the motorist (in respect to bicycles) and the duties of
the bicyclist when on the road.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Michael J Rodney Sr." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Florida's DMV handbook describes a bicycle as being a legitimate vehicle.
> Although not covered in expansive detail, there are a few paragraphs that
> cover the duties of the motorist (in respect to bicycles) and the duties of
> the bicyclist when on the road.

The first two things that a newly liscensed driver forgets:

1. Driving is a privelege granted by the state.

2. A bicycle is a vehicle.

HAND

H M Leary wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Michael J Rodney Sr." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Florida's DMV handbook describes a bicycle as being a legitimate vehicle.
>>Although not covered in expansive detail, there are a few paragraphs that
>>cover the duties of the motorist (in respect to bicycles) and the duties of
>>the bicyclist when on the road.

> The first two things that a newly liscensed driver forgets:
>
> 1. Driving is a privelege granted by the state.

yes, I agree, most drivers tend to forget the privilege part. If
everyone understands this, the roads would be far safe for cyclists. but
then i am dreaming.

+ravi