Re: Wide load....

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by (Pete Cresswell), Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Per Peter Cole:
    >Charges should be made if the driver
    >can be identified.

    I wouldn't get my heart set on it.

    Some years back I witnessed (from the comfort of my car) a guy pull up next to a
    cyclist, turn his head 90 degrees to the right, move his mouth animatedly, yank
    the steering wheel hard so that the car veered into the cyclist - shoving the
    bike into the curb - and drive off.

    I followed the guy, flagged down a cop, told the cop it was definately
    intentional.

    After the guy drove off from his little tete-a-tete with the cop, the cop
    explained to me that the driver "didn't see the cyclist" and that was that...

    Scariest part of that for me was the realization that now there's one more wacko
    in Philadelphia who knows for sure that he can use his vehicle to assult a
    cyclist and get away with it.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    Tags:

  2. H M Leary

    H M Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Per Peter Cole:

    snipwas that...

    > Scariest part of that for me was the realization that now there's one more
    > wacko
    > in Philadelphia who knows for sure that he can use his vehicle to assult a
    > cyclist and get away with it.

    Ah, yes. Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love.

    Ride west, young man! Ride west.

    HAND