Re: Women's vs. men's saddles

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by The Real Bev, May 23, 2004.

  1. The Real Bev

    The Real Bev Guest

    nopcbs wrote:

    "I need a new saddle as the "C9" saddle that I bought
    at one of the local shops a couple of years ago is wearing
    out (the lycra is wearing through - I ride almost 20 miles
    a day in good weather). I don't want another lycra saddle
    for this reason..."

    If that's all that's wrong with it, make a new cover out of the good
    part of an old pair of bike shorts. No sewing required, just cut out a
    hunk big enough to go around the saddle and fasten the bottom together
    with dental floss or string or thread or yarn fed through a needle of
    some sort. If even that is beyond you and you have lots of lycra, hold
    it together with staples or safety pins.

    Dental floss is useful stuff. I used it to sew an air cleaner for my
    son's motorcycle a few years ago...

    --
    Cheers,
    Bev

    Tags:

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    > Dental floss is useful stuff. I used it to sew an air cleaner for my
    > son's motorcycle a few years ago...
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Bev

    Was it mint fresh? ;p

    Pat in TX

  3. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "The Real Bev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    [...]

    > Dental floss is useful stuff. I used it to sew an air cleaner for my
    > son's motorcycle a few years ago...

    That is *so* Martha Stewart.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  4. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:03:13 +1000, "DRS"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"The Real Bev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> Dental floss is useful stuff. I used it to sew an air cleaner for my
    >> son's motorcycle a few years ago...

    >That is *so* Martha Stewart.

    I thought she was put away? Then her latest would be using dental
    floss to suture prison-fight wounds...
    --
    Rick Onanian

  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    > >> Dental floss is useful stuff. I used it to sew an air cleaner for my
    > >> son's motorcycle a few years ago...

    > >That is *so* Martha Stewart.

    > I thought she was put away? Then her latest would be using dental
    > floss to suture prison-fight wounds...
    > --
    > Rick Onanian

    I guess you haven't been reading the news lately. She hasn't even been
    sentenced! How could she be "put away"?

    Pat in TX

  6. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:44:04 -0500, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I guess you haven't been reading the news lately. She hasn't even been
    >sentenced! How could she be "put away"?

    Guilty as charged. I don't give much attention to Martha Stewart's
    legal troubles.
    --
    Rick Onanian