Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Wooden rims

Started by Bob Wheeler · · Last activity · 1 post · 398 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 February 2005
Last activity
13 February 2005
Original author
Bob Wheeler
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
398
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Chris Hughes said:

    I am in the process of building a wooden framed bike. No, not bamboo. but
    I had considered building one of laminated split bamboo as in a bamboo fly
    rod. The bike will be along the same principle of a strip built kayak. I
    will also build laminated ash wheel rims. Should not be a big deal but what
    do I use for brake pads. I know that wood rims are or were until recently
    still avalible so I assume that they and wood rims of old used rim type
    brake. While the bike will be a just a show/club ride bike, it will still
    need to stop and I don't want to damage the finish on the rims any more then
    I have to. I was thinking cork as it was used with early carbon fiber rims.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Chris

    See http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/cyclingprelycra/racing/woodrims.htm

    --
    Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
    ECHIP, Inc. ---
    Randomness comes in bunches.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.