Re: xxxxxxl cycling shorts

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by JBB, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. JBB

    JBB Guest

    "jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > xxxxxxxl ... ok a little exageration but not by all that much!
    >
    > where can I find xxxl large mens cycling shorts (in reality to
    > comfortably stretch to somewhere around the 50" mark ...sigh! oh, what
    > the hell, I enjoyed getting here :)...
    >
    > im about to embark on yet another attempt on getting my fat ass into
    > shape - since new year ive been going to the gym and doing some cardio
    > there and some swimming but also want to add some real cycling to the
    > mix
    >
    > i have a raleigh hybrid bike i bought a year or two ago which I used for
    > a few months and then when the dark nights came I put it away and found
    > the fridge again for the last year and a bit! im a couple stone heavier
    > than I was then but the bike seemed strong enough and i'll only be
    > testing it on some shortish runs to start off with
    >
    > also, i only want a pair of cheapie shorts as it'll only be for short
    > weekend rides to start with until I get bitten by the bug again and to
    > help me get some some of this weight off.

    Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    HTH
    Julia

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 00:58 +0000, JBB wrote:

    > Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    > HTH

    I live near a Decathlon.
    I could look in for you and see what the largest size is.

    And if I don't get out on my bike more I'll be needing them myself.

  3. "JBB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]net...

    > Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    > HTH
    > Julia

    Vernon has a pair of basic shorts from Decathlon - the Bordeaux branch...
    not exactly local ;-) He finds them extremely comfortable.

    Cheers, helen s

  4. PeteC

    PeteC Guest

    JBB wrote:

    > Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    > HTH
    > Julia

    I've always found that Decathlon sizes are a bit small. I can just about be
    comfortable in their XXL shorts (the ones which look like normal shorts, but
    with a padded insert - the world doesn't need the likes of me wearing
    lycra!). I brought an XXL technical t-shirt off them at the same time, and
    ended up giving it to a friend who normally wears medium!

    Pete.

  5. Pete
    I know how you feel!

    Being a man of generous proportions i.e. 40" - 42" waist, I often find
    buying cycling clothing a nightmare.

    Shorts described as XL often translate to 36" in my opinion.

    To circumvent this I've bought two large basketball shorts that are
    elasticated which fit nicely.

    Okay they're not padded and definitely not water-proof but simply wear over
    pair of jeans if need be and hey presto!

    Andy

    "PeteC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JBB wrote:
    >
    > > Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    > > HTH
    > > Julia

    > I've always found that Decathlon sizes are a bit small. I can just about

    be
    > comfortable in their XXL shorts (the ones which look like normal shorts,

    but
    > with a padded insert - the world doesn't need the likes of me wearing
    > lycra!). I brought an XXL technical t-shirt off them at the same time, and
    > ended up giving it to a friend who normally wears medium!
    >
    > Pete.

  6. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    John Hearns <[email protected]> of Customer of PlusNet plc
    (http://www.plus.net) wrote:

    >On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 00:58 +0000, JBB wrote:
    >

    >> Decathlon might be worth a try if they are within reach for you
    >> HTH

    >I live near a Decathlon.
    >I could look in for you and see what the largest size is.

    Nowhere near as large as the Lidl/Aldi offerings, leastways not in the
    Stockport branch.
    --
    Marriage is a wonderful invention; but, then again,
    so is a bicycle repair kit. - Billy Connolly

  7. ::dom::

    ::dom:: New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    longcycle.com have some some larger sizes. Type xxxl or xxxxl, 4xl into their search and it'll list all they have.