Re: Yeah sure -- Cunego is supporting Simoni

Bob Martin

Guest
in 463139 20050516 195107 "Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Nev Shea wrote:
>>
>> > This kinda reminds me of
>> > the 97 TdF when Riis realized that his teammate was the strongman so
>> > swallowed his ego and assumed the role of helping Ullrich win. Anyone

>> > think Simoni will do the same,

>> No.
>>

>Nev Shea,
>
>I guess you didn't see last year's Giro. Simoni cussed out Cunego for
>beating him. I don't see Gibo taking one for the team.

As far as GC contenders are concerned the Giro hasn't even started yet.
Three minutes is nothing in the mountains.

Bob Martin wrote:

> As far as GC contenders are concerned the Giro hasn't even started

yet.
> Three minutes is nothing in the mountains.

It is when they're three minutes behind Basso with another time trail
coming up.

It's not like Basso can't climb.

And Savoldelli. So far he seems the strongest. Both Cuengo and Simoni
have showed that they are likely going to lose signifigant time in the
next time trial and Basso, couldn't hang on the only real climb so far.
However, Savoldelli hung strong in both instances.

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> On 17 May 2005 08:42:23 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> > Basso couldn't hang on the only real climb so far.

> Cramped because of different saddle on replacement bike. See
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/may05/may15news2

Strikes me as a rather weak excuse. Ofcourse, the big climbs are different
from this one, so there really isn't any reason to believe Basso is going to
climb badly.

> --
> Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
> Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

On Tue, 17 May 2005 07:26:27 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>Nev Shea,
>>
>>I guess you didn't see last year's Giro. Simoni cussed out Cunego for
>>beating him. I don't see Gibo taking one for the team.

>As far as GC contenders are concerned the Giro hasn't even started yet.
>Three minutes is nothing in the mountains.

The thing is that SImoni is supposed to be the Giro leader, since he
is not doing the tour, and Cunego is slated for the Tour.