Re: Yet another cyclist violently assaulted by motorist/s.

spindrift

Guest
Matt B wrote:
> spindrift wrote:
> > Matt B wrote:
> >> spindrift wrote:

> > You've never cycled this roundabout, have you?
> >
> > I obey the rules of the road, the vehicles ignore them and place me in
> > danger.

> The only useful rule there is that there are no rules. That is why it
> is such an elegant solution.
>
> What 'rules' are you obeying, and which are the motorists ignoring?
>
> > Meet up one day this week on a bike and I'll show you.
> >
> > Maybe when you see it for yourself you'll understand how dangerous it
> > is.

> I've seen it - but never seen the dangers you describe. Can you cite
> any news reports?
>
> --
> Matt B

"Can you cite
> any news reports?"

Alass CNN woefully neglected to cover the world-shattering news that a
van ignored the rules of the road and cut up a cyclist, you gibbering
fart-knocker.

Why are you claiming special knowledge of something you plainly know
bugger all about?

You don't even live in London or ride a bike, you've posted nothing
about your cycling experience for months and you profess a complete
ignorance of road safety.

spindrift wrote:
> Matt B wrote:
> "Can you cite
>> any news reports?"

> Alass CNN woefully neglected to cover the world-shattering news that a
> van ignored the rules of the road and cut up a cyclist, you gibbering
> fart-knocker.

What were the rules which were broken?

> Why are you claiming special knowledge of something you plainly know
> bugger all about?

Where did I claim that? I know something of the rules of the road, I
know something about Seven Dials, and I know something about human
nature. That's all.

> You don't even live in London or ride a bike, you've posted nothing
> about your cycling experience for months and you profess a complete
> ignorance of road safety.

Which of those qualifications does one need to be allowed to discuss
this issue?

--
Matt B